• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Dog And Puppy Renders.

Carey

Extraordinary
tumble-1.jpg

Getting a Time Out by Carey Feazel

Dan30

Adventurous
Been playing with Laurie's fur presets for the dog and I managed to get this look in Iray. There is room for improvement, of course. In this image 1,500,000 LAMH follicles were generated. I noticed that for medium distance renders, a hair root setting of about 400 and a tip of 100 works better, as it manages to catch the highlights better. Denser and thinner hair tend to look like a stuffed animal, no matter how much I played with the shader. Some hair clumping would definitely help to the realistic look. So this is my tinkering result...so far.:)
upload_2018-2-23_3-48-56.jpeg

Carey

Extraordinary
:roflmao: so funny !
We have a dog that worries a lot about his food dish, if you don't fill his dish on time and up to the top he runs around the house whining, he tells anyone that will listen all about the situation with his food bowl...lol yes, and he tells on me all the time...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We have a dog that worries a lot about his food dish, if you don't fill his dish on time and up to the top he runs around the house whining, he tells anyone that will listen all about the situation with his food bowl...lol yes, and he tells on me all the time...
That's my cat you are describing! My dog on the other hand isn't so bad unless he's hungry.