• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Set for Dawn

Something I am working on. Mask, suit, bracers, corset, belt, and boots. Not trying to steal anyone's thunder, I didn't know that other folks had already done similar. I am working on learning how to save everything as proper DS files and then transferring them to Poser.

boots.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Shiny! Nice.
I don't think anyone will mind, there's enough room for superhero costumes. You wouldn't want your super team to all look the same would you?

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Looks good. And I think Rae is right. You need different superhero costumes, and yours has a great look of its own. Just one thought. Because of the thickness on the corset and bracers, maybe add a little to the boots as well? Just a thought.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yep, agree! Definitely room for different superheros!!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
It looks really great and I love the textures.

The only thing I would comment on is that you need a little more geometry in the elbows. They're a little blocky.

In Poser we could just increase subdivision and get some added smoothness, can you do that in DS too? Just make a "strong" recommendation in the ReadMe that they up the SUBD for clean curves.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yes, DS has SubD and it can be set on in the product.

For Poser, you don't want to set it on because it won't work for people who have P9/PP2012, but we do have a "if you have P10+, please put on SubD" (with instructions on how) and can suggest a Sub-D level.

I noticed the elbows and have been thinking of adding a few more polys in that area. I am trying to keep it as low poly as practical because DS has the ability to add subdivision levels as well. I do want it to look as good as possible right from the start though. Thanks for the compliment on the textures, though it just straight materials. I haven't started making any textures.

I wish I knew where it was in the chain. I mostly made things for my own use and a couple of freebies for V4. Once I got to adding morphs and JCMs I added just what I wanted/needed and just stopped.. I never knew a simple (or even a less than slow/hard) way to add all the morphs that I felt were needed for a proper product. DS seems to take care of a lot of the work so far. So far everything is modeled, UVed, and autofitted in DS. I have been working through most the major morphs to see how everything fits and moves.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I noticed the elbows and have been thinking of adding a few more polys in that area. I am trying to keep it as low poly as practical because DS has the ability to add subdivision levels as well. I do want it to look as good as possible right from the start though. Thanks for the compliment on the textures, though it just straight materials. I haven't started making any textures.

I wish I knew where it was in the chain. I mostly made things for my own use and a couple of freebies for V4. Once I got to adding morphs and JCMs I added just what I wanted/needed and just stopped.. I never knew a simple (or even a less than slow/hard) way to add all the morphs that I felt were needed for a proper product. DS seems to take care of a lot of the work so far. So far everything is modeled, UVed, and autofitted in DS. I have been working through most the major morphs to see how everything fits and moves.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "where it was in the chain." As for morphs, I would recommend if you are going to include the starter morphs, test the breast cup sizes and movement morphs extensively. With a tiny bit of morph brush work in Poser it really cleans up crushing and bending where I don't want bends.

Other than that, I would suggest if you are looking at adding geometry to the elbows, bend the heck out of the knees and check them too - front and back of the knees. Those are usually the trouble spots with low poly meshes.

quietrob

Extraordinary
What goes inside that thigh holster? A Shock Grenade? A Stasis Field projector? Her Cellphone with collapsible selfie stick? That day's lunch?