• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Selling own license of zbrush???????

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Is it still possible to sell one's license of zbrush via pixoligix or have they discontinued that? I am thinking of selling my copy but I do not know how much to sell it for if I can? I am thinking of using that funds to buy a new computer with the proceeds.
If I can and do sell it for enough what computer stores use PayPal?

I have not figured it out is the reason I want to sell it. I think I will make more money selling it than trying to learn it and make content.

Willowisp

Adventurous
Depends where you live. In the EU you are allowed to resell your software licenses regardless of what the software company says.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Depends where you live. In the EU you are allowed to resell your software licenses regardless of what the software company says.

Yes but how would you do it if the company is in the USA and says no? The best you could do then is give your existing serials to the buyer, which is hardly ideal.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I think I will make more money selling it than trying to learn it and make content.

That doesn't make sense at all. Selling ZBrush for less than you paid for it is money lost and that's that. But if you keep ZBrush and learn it you won't lose any money and stand to gain as you make content with it.

Willowisp

Adventurous
Yes but how would you do it if the company is in the USA and says no? The best you could do then is give your existing serials to the buyer, which is hardly ideal.

Doesn't matter, local law trumps everything. But yes, you would have to do the sale in private, which of course is risky, but the software company cannot tell you not to.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Well at least it gives a way to do the transfer. I don't know if AlphinaNovaStar lives in the EU or the USA, although I get the impression she is in the USA.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I hadn't thought of that, but most folks would just leave it empty if they didn't want to state it.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
If you are in school (any level, not necessarily full time) you can pick up the educational version of the full program for about 2/3 price. There are companies which specialize in educational software. It's the full version, and it doesn't time out after a year or so. But I don't know whether it has an upgrade path.

I got mine at Creation Engine.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
If you are in school (any level, not necessarily full time) you can pick up the educational version of the full program for about 2/3 price.

That's how I got into ZBrush. Educational version first and eventually upgrade to full version.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Ah, so one can upgrade from it. Good to know. I'll have to find out if one can upgrade just from v. 7 to v.8 of the educational version.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Can't find anything about upgrading. Can find single user license purchasing, but nothing about upgrading.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
EDU can be upgraded to a later EDU or to a full commercial licence. From the link I posted earlier:

"This copy of ZBrush is full-featured with no watermarks or other limitations. It is also able to receive any free upgrade offers that Pixologic extends, with the license remaining an academic license after the upgrade. The only limitation is in the license itself, which allows ZBrush to be used strictly for non-profit/non-commercial purposes. An individual academic license may be upgraded through Pixologic Support to a full commercial license at any time, receiving a discount of 50% off the current commercial price at time of upgrade."