• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Saving a new morph

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I finally got the morph working in DS. It's a new morph from an imported object. How do I save that morph so it shows up as a library item?

esha

Admirable
Contributing Artist
A morph by itself never shows up as a library item.
To save it, you need to save out the entire object or the morph on its own (File - Save As - Support Asset - Morph Asset).
From now on the object will load with that morph slider available to be used. :)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have a bunch of morph to add to one object. Sometimes they work after loading and sometimes not. Does anyone know why?

esha

Admirable
Contributing Artist
Could you describe that problem a bit more clearly?
Do they give you trouble right after importing them, or did they import ok but act weirdly after saving and re-loading the object?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Both sometimes don't work right away or sometimes work for me but not for my tester. I looked through the data folder and saw two morph folders there. I tried saving with the default Base and only got one folder.

esha

Admirable
Contributing Artist
Yes, when you save out the morphs you can choose in which subfolder you want them to go. Make sure you keep it consistent, either all of your morphs in base or all of them in a subfolder with your name. If you have the same morph in both folders you'll get all sorts of weird effects.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
So I resaved the prop and the morph worked for me but not for my tester. Any ideas why?

esha

Admirable
Contributing Artist
You need to make sure you include the data folder for your prop in the zip.