• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Rigging probs

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Wish I could help pendas, but I haven't a clue how to rig in Blender. Perhaps someone who's familiar with the process can help you.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Hi Pendas, Im sleepy but just had a quick look and the ear bones arent parented to the head. Below I set head as parent and the ears move along then ;)
acatrig.jpg

pendas

Inspired
Hi Pendas, Im sleepy but just had a quick look and the ear bones arent parented to the head. Below I set head as parent and the ears move along then ;)
View attachment 18433
Thank you!
I knew I had to parent it to something...but I did it in the wrong order *accidently parented the head to the ears*
I might ask for more answers as I run into more problems. I do greatly appreciate you helping me out!

Edit: does anyone know how to unparent a bone from another one? *if that's a word*

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
In my experience (which is somewhat limited) this can be a bit tricky. I think all you 'have' to do is rearrange the bone hierarchy in the setup room. However I feel like when I've done this it actually changes the bone your are re-parenting and tends to stretch and move it so that it's base connects to the end point of the new parent bone.