• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Rigging is fun!

ibr_remote

Adventurous
I have to admit the title of this thread made me go - "ha ha ha hahahah " - no offense intended. I have struggled with rigging human figures and generally see stars. Off to watch the video now.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I haven't used Poser for years now except on a rare occasion if asked by a vendor to do a beta test. Having said that, I really enjoyed this. I never went into "that room" in all the years I used Poser. It was just too scary!!

Only suggestion I have is to leave your slides on the screen a bit longer. I had to keep pausing to read some of the longer text blocks on a few pages. And I didn't see the process for renaming the bones and missed a couple other things. But overall, it was informative for me. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I had intended to do a screen capture of me doing it in poser but I'm using the capture software that comes with windows. It only showed the poser work area and not anything else like the uppermost buttons or joint editor.

Renaming bones is done on the side under properties.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here it is.

Attachments

• bone-names.jpg
    bone-names.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 235

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I had intended to do a screen capture of me doing it in poser but I'm using the capture software that comes with windows. It only showed the poser work area and not anything else like the uppermost buttons or joint editor.
Renaming bones is done on the side under properties.

Ah, ok, thanks. I see it now.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Oh, I love him! I always get a tickle out of his front feet. He looks like he's wearing slippers. :p I am so excited to see what you can do with him. WooHoo!