• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Rigging for Vicky 3, Default pose is different!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have been working on a commission job to make clothing for V3, and I modeled it over the OBJ from the geometries folder. However, her default pose in Poser is different from the OBJ. When I conform the shirt, the arms are in a different pose. I can fix it by zeroing rotations on the shirt, but how do it make it fit V3 correctly without having to do that?

I used to know this back in 2003, but I don't remember anymore. Could someone please refresh my memory?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Traci! I have "fixed" it by manually going through the CR2 and removing the extra rotations added by V3's "default pose" that is not her actual default pose. But your solution would had been MUCH easier and quicker to do! LOL

So the problem here is that this "other" default pose from V3 gets baked into the CR2 when saved. The "Memorize" records the current pose as the new default to be stored in the CR2. I have to remember this for next time!

Thanks! ^____^

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Thanks, Traci! I have "fixed" it by manually going through the CR2 and removing the extra rotations added by V3's "default pose" that is not her actual default pose. But your solution would had been MUCH easier and quicker to do! LOL

So the problem here is that this "other" default pose from V3 gets baked into the CR2 when saved. The "Memorize" records the current pose as the new default to be stored in the CR2. I have to remember this for next time!

Thanks! ^____^

You're welcome. Used to drive me crazy with the Gen4 models (maybe the Kids?) though I don't remember which ones exactly. I think it was Lyrra who told me the Edit>Memorize trick.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I guess I have been working with Dawn for long enough to forget about those oddities. I used to know these things back in the day when I was working with A3 and V4, but those days are over now. I will take note of this trick because you never know what people will ask for in commissions. I am amazed people are still using V3 in this day and age, but again, I still use AnimeDoll, so I can't complain. LOL