• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Re-installl of Poser giving problems

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I can't for the life of me get my
poser layout correct, it is messed up.
The pane for the image is at the top and very narrow in height.
the is no other panes there.
If I try to make the show they dock on the wrong side on top of each other...sigh.
how do I correct that?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Can you give us a couple of screenshots so we can see exactly what you're getting? That'll go a long way for someone to respond as to how to get the panels set up the way you want.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here is what it is doing.

Poser Screen.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Tried and it still does this stuff.
It did that once before and someone told me how to get it to except the right serial number.
But on that interface,,,,grrr!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
OK, to change the serial number, go to the Main Menu>Help>Personalize and type in the Pro serial number.

To move you windows around, place them where you want them,

First, change the docking setting by clicking the tiny down arrow:
ChangeDocking.jpg

Then change the setting to Floating
ChangeDocking-Floating.jpg

Then proceed to move that window where you want it by dragging it with the mouse.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, got my Poser UI back with all panes there.
Had to clear everything out (uninstall) Do a new install of Poser 11 then rant the upgrade to Pro.
But it won't show Pro or all me to input that serial.
The message says the grace period for activation is past and i'd have tp buy a license.
NO way, I bought it once and will not pay for it again.
so don't know why it will not work...sigh.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh, you know . . . I bet the problem with the license is you can only have it on one machine at a time. IOW, you can install it one more than one computer, but only one computer with PP11 installed, can be online at the time. I think you need to get in touch with Smith Micro (if that's where you purchased PP11), and let them know. In fact, I think there's a site where you can do it, and then re-register it on the new laptop. I just don't recall what web page you need to do that on, as I haven't had to switch it to another laptop . . . yet.

Miss B

CV-BEE
True, but it's "registered" as being on the old laptop. I know, annoying and confusing, but I had that when I got a new cellphone a couple of years ago, and couldn't get it paired with the bluetooth headset I'd been using with my old cellphone. I had to somehow, don't recall the steps, get the headset to no longer look for the old cellphone, and I think that's what's happening with your Poser Pro license. You have to deactivate it for the old laptop, so you can reactivate for the new one.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I managed to deactivate all and also on my external drive where I keep a copy for the runtime.
Maybe this time it will work, if not i will email them.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
The permanent license thing is just for the "phone home" portion of P11. If you set the license to permanent, it will no longer require that every 90 day phone home process. Since I travel a lot in an RV, I can never be sure I will have a reliable internet connection, so I changed my license to permanent 2 years ago. It's worked perfectly and affects nothing, including getting updates, etc.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
When I tried installing the Poser Pro 2014 update patches it all resulted in a messed up PoserPro 2014. Still not working but now I have problems with either the GPU or hard drive restarting. Going in to Apple Super Store to get an expert run an analysis on the laptop to see what the actual problem is. I thought it was the defective GPU because it is a known problem on computers of same lot number. but an Apple tech threw a wrench into the works when he mentioned it could just as easily be a drive problem. Great!?
God I hate computers.
Glad u go your problem worked out I wish I could have not been able to do any poser work for 3 or 4 months!