• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

R.I.P. Sean Martin

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OMG, and he had a really nice render in the Stay Home Spread Hope Render Challenge. Goodness, I'm used to seeing his cartoons on the Renderosity forum from time to time.

R.I.P. Sean. :(

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Moving this over to the Condolences and Sympathy forum.

This is so sad. I've known Sean for almost 9 years . Such a loss - he was a very very talented man.

DanaTA

Distinguished
So sad. I remember his presence in the Freebie Challenge thread over at DAZ3D forums...when music2u4u ran the challenges. He was always friendly and clever.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
According to the pic in the article Rich linked to in the first post, I would guess at least in his late 50s, or early 60s.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Wow. I’m so sad to hear this. Sean has been around in the 3D community since way, way back in the early 2000s when we spent a lot of our time in the Renderosity forums arguing about the virtues of NVIATWAS and other fun topics. We didn’t always see eye to eye but I really appreciated his perspective and the gift he had for telling stories with his comics and other works. Rest In Peace, Sean.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I will miss him, here, on facebook and most of all at KCTC.
The adventures of Doc and Raider, his gentle sense of humor, his warm personality.

eclark1894

Visionary
He only lived in the next county over from me. Wish I had known. I would have introduced myself. Also, I'm having a bit of a dilema, as I want to announce his passing in the Renderosity forum but I'm afraid someone (I won't say who) would just delete it as they did the last time I made such a post. I'm gonna sit this one out.

Miss B

CV-BEE
By today's standards, and if your health is fairly decent, then yes 69 is young. Unfortunately, Sean was suffering from Pancreatic Cancer, and that's never encouraging.

Willowisp

Adventurous
He only lived in the next county over from me. Wish I had known. I would have introduced myself. Also, I'm having a bit of a dilema, as I want to announce his passing in the Renderosity forum but I'm afraid someone (I won't say who) would just delete it as they did the last time I made such a post. I'm gonna sit this one out.
If this is the thread I think you mean, that was originally posted in the Poser forum, it wasn't deleted, it was moved to the community center as it was not about poser
Edit: this one? R.I. P. Bonnie Pointer

Really saddened by this loss :(