• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Question for Ken

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Not sure if you will know, but if anyone does.....

It's Bald Eagle mating season here, and I think we have a pair of nesting eagles nearby.

I see one of them every day, beautiful birds and they are busy, busy, busy flying out around the lake and clearly on the hunt.

But, days like today - cold, windy, wind gusts really high (40-45 mph) I see them both out, very high, just soaring on the winds. Circling the water, enjoying the wind blowing them around. They're very high in the sky and I cannot get a good look at their wings or their markings, just that they are very large birds with huge wing spans. Beautiful.

So, you think the odds are good they're a pair of nesting eagles?

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
It's possible, the National Eagle Center says:

Nest building may begin 1-3 months prior to mating and is considered part of the breeding process. Breeding season varies regionally, beginning in November and December in southern areas. Eagles in Minnesota typically begin nest building in January and may lay eggs as early as mid-February.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
It's possible, the National Eagle Center says:

Nest building may begin 1-3 months prior to mating and is considered part of the breeding process. Breeding season varies regionally, beginning in November and December in southern areas. Eagles in Minnesota typically begin nest building in January and may lay eggs as early as mid-February.

Yeah we have a pretty infamous pair of nesting eagles locally - the Berry College eagles. They have a web cam on them.