• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Question-Follow Origins when creating a product

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
In this case I am having an issue with a clothing item for Dusk. Is there a forum I can ask a question on?

Thanks!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Thanks, Pendraia. Just don't want to mess things up in the nice, neat house. :)

My question is really pretty simple. In the Poser (PP14) Properties panel under the When Morphing section, there's a series of check boxes. I've never had any problems using all the checkboxes on (checked) until now. While the SuperModel morph requires Follow Origins, all the other morphs deform when this option is selected.

Can someone explain why Follow Origins does this, but appears to be required on any morph that uses scaling? But corrupts morphs that do not scale.......

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Good question...not one I can answer(obviously as I'm a total noob at Poser) hopefully someone who knows will be able to answer. I'm off to check the properties panel as I didn't know it was there...

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Pendraia. Just don't want to mess things up in the nice, neat house. :)

My question is really pretty simple. In the Poser (PP14) Properties panel under the When Morphing section, there's a series of check boxes. I've never had any problems using all the checkboxes on (checked) until now. While the SuperModel morph requires Follow Origins, all the other morphs deform when this option is selected.

Can someone explain why Follow Origins does this, but appears to be required on any morph that uses scaling? But corrupts morphs that do not scale.......

Ask pdg Glitter...he would know

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hey, Glitterati, we have to have a BIT of stuff tossed around to make it feel homey, right? Tthat's why I just toss cushions around here ;)

Seriously though, you were JUST fine to post it in the Developing for Dusk forum. I've just moved and renamed it for now to the Poser forum, just because I think maybe more folks who can help will look there :). Do people feel that forums/subforums that specifically address development issues would be helpful?

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Personally I think slapping them all right in the Poser forum is fine enough. Too many forums will just make things look bloated and get confusing as to where things go.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Agreed...I suggested here mainly because it was for Dusk but either forum could be used.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Hey, Glitterati, we have to have a BIT of stuff tossed around to make it feel homey, right? Tthat's why I just toss cushions around here ;)

Seriously though, you were JUST fine to post it in the Developing for Dusk forum. I've just moved and renamed it for now to the Poser forum, just because I think maybe more folks who can help will look there :). Do people feel that forums/subforums that specifically address development issues would be helpful?

LOL, that's why I asked........not sure where stuff goes.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
:) I don't think any of us know for sure where stuff goes yet lol - but never hurts to ask ;) And if something is posted in a one place which might be better off elsewhere, one of our wonderful CV-Bees or I can always move it. .

That makes sense to me to not create another forum.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Ask pdg Glitter...he would know
I wasn't able to give a very good answer when asked before as I didn't really understand the question. I see it here and have a better idea what you asked. Scaling morphs 1. move the origin of the bone they refer to, 2. scale the bone, 3. reset the origins and then 4. finally draw to the screen. ERC code. Poser performs all the actions in the pz2 in the order they are presented in the pz2 before drawing to the screen. That is what is messing with the other morphs. You might try applying your scaling morph before adding the other morphs as the bones will have been reset to the original origins after the scaling takes place. I was under the impression you wanted to make a scaling pose without using ERC code when I saw the question on the other site. I do not know how to do that. The check boxes you refer to are automatic ERC code injections. Does this help?
pdg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
AHA!! So this is the "pdg" Sanbie was talking about! Welcome to the HIVE!! :D

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I wasn't able to give a very good answer when asked before as I didn't really understand the question. I see it here and have a better idea what you asked. Scaling morphs 1. move the origin of the bone they refer to, 2. scale the bone, 3. reset the origins and then 4. finally draw to the screen. ERC code. Poser performs all the actions in the pz2 in the order they are presented in the pz2 before drawing to the screen. That is what is messing with the other morphs. You might try applying your scaling morph before adding the other morphs as the bones will have been reset to the original origins after the scaling takes place. I was under the impression you wanted to make a scaling pose without using ERC code when I saw the question on the other site. I do not know how to do that. The check boxes you refer to are automatic ERC code injections. Does this help?
pdg

It does help that you answer, pdg. Welcome to Hivewire, BTW.

But, frankly, this is so far over my head, I'm completely lost. I just want to understand how to control pre-existing morphs that I purchase for a figure. In this case, Dusk. But, I suspect we will see more and more use of Poser's animated joint centers and I am struggling to understand them.

It's not your answers, it's my mind unable to wrap around the concept.

LOL!