• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

pz2 files that set maps/colors from Studio?

Charles West

Adventurous
It worked once to ask so I am trying again... Poser Format Exporter works for pz2 files that set poses and morphs but not maps and color settings. I know older versions would export a material file info because of the ones I created for the Sportspack. Since then having come back to graphic work by the call of the Muse, I am now trying to put together one last pack for emotigirl and emotiguy. The problem is I don't have poser and no way so far to create the pz2 files needed...
Question is there a way to export pz2 files from Studio that contain the map/mat info like the old on did? Script? or a hidden button in Studio 4.9 ?\

Thanks for any assistance.
Charles West
formerly Caligreal

Bejaymac

Inspired
Are you sure it was PFE you used, as I don't remember PFE doing MAT pz2s, only pose and MOR pose pz2s. We did have a MAT exporter script/plugin but I don't think it got beyond DS2.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Create Poser Mats - Plug-in - ShareCG

This still works in the latest version of DS, even though it says it is only for DS3. It can get you started with DS to Poser Mat conversion. Don't know if it can make pz2, though, so might not work for you.

Charles West

Adventurous
Are you sure it was PFE you used, as I don't remember PFE doing MAT pz2s, only pose and MOR pose pz2s. We did have a MAT exporter script/plugin but I don't think it got beyond DS2.

sportspack is old and it might have been directly from daz or the editor... I am merely trying to do it once more. Checking other places it looks like and editor and make the files manually or find a cohort that has poser who can help me make the poser version. The muse called and I must complete this mission even though the final project will probably be just a package I created.

Charles West

Adventurous
Create Poser Mats - Plug-in - ShareCG

This still works in the latest version of DS, even though it says it is only for DS3. It can get you started with DS to Poser Mat conversion. Don't know if it can make pz2, though, so might not work for you.
Thanks for the link. This comes close.... a few quirks .. I loaded the actor and set everything up. It showed 2 of them. The pz2 file saved for version 5 came closest to working.. it saves it as an prop but 1 quick edit fixes that ... I am going to check and see which one comes closest then fix the item, Much closer for me than saving a cr2 for each setup/color etc. I think this is the answer to my question with the least problems. If I create a master file then just substitute a few file names with a quick find/replace this will work for most items. Thanks again for the link.

Attachments

• topperworks.jpg
    topperworks.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 284

Charles West

Adventurous
Thanks to all for the input. Got most of what I need to make it work for poser... Success It is getting there. and an image from my machine.

Attachments

• successes-1.jpg
    successes-1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 240