• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Preparing/packaging for DS

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Does anyone know where I can find step-by-step for-dummies instructions on preparing a product for DS? I'm told it needs to include a dsf file, but have no clue how one generates a dsf file... nor how (or if) one can point a duf file at an external geometry file. I've tried searches on forums and on Google but haven't yet managed to stumble across a manual or tutorial that covers things in more detail than "link all the associated files to your product file" without explaining HOW to do so.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
You don't really have to worry about generating the dsf file. Once you save a prop or figure, for example, in DS, it saves the dsf automatically in the data folder. That link for publishing is good to look at, but some of the info may be out of date. Just ask here if you have specific questions. :)

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Thanks Robert.

Once you save a prop or figure, for example, in DS, it saves the dsf automatically in the data folder.

Thank you! So, um... where is the data folder? I've tried doing a file search through my entire DS folder for a dsf file corresponding to the prop I saved, and can't find one.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
If you're on Windows HaiGan, it's probably located in the Windows Documents folder under Daz 3D > Studio > My Library > data. At least that's where it is in my DS 4.0 Pro setup. Don't know if they've changed the location for newer versions of DS 4.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Then it's likely the same in 4.10 as well.
Yes, it's there for 4.10, too.
But, the best thing is to do a separate folder when you are working on a new project and link it in your content management, just like in Poser. That way all your files are in the same folder, and when you are done, you clean up that one folder, as all of your files will be in it and it's ready to package, no searching necessary.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I never put my library folder in the main program directory.
I put it on the main drive and just sinmply name it "My DAZ Libray" then adjust DS to point to it for installs of content.
That way I know where it is...lol.
Makes zipping easier for me too.