• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 2012 Not Rendering Distant Objects

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
This crops up on me every now and then in different Posers, and usually I can solve it - but this time it is not solving. Yes, I have tried adjusting the Camera's YON setting and disabled any distance or atmospherics.

Here's the basics of the troubled scene:
I have that Star Commander bridge set I got from Daz3D long ago loaded in, with a number of clothed and costumed figures sitting at consoles working as the camera does a slow pan. I have the lights for it with some mods loaded in, and a couple of External lights to account for scenics and environment. All of these are normal scale.
I have the Space Sphere from Conflek loaded in, scaled up 2000% so it completely encompasses the scene with room to spare.
I have a Spacecraft that makes a pass from the side windows into the front view and heads into the distance.
I have the Main Camera at 35mm for the view range I need on it's pan, and I have tried setting Yon ranging from 1000 to 100,000.
No matter what I do when I render, the space sphere does not show up. It shows in preview.
I thought I had it fixed last night, I had it rendering, and I saved. Today I did some character kitbashes and tests and then loaded this scene up and it's back to not rendering. I have restarted Poser twice and reloaded and it is back to not rendering the space sphere.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I am at a point where I think Poser is just Punking me because, obviously, my life isn't difficult enough...would be a shame if I could actually acomplish something.
I have set and rendered much larger (scale wise) scenes with environ domes... no idea why this one is not cooperating.