• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

P11(pro) Setup Room

Steve.M

Enthusiast
Hi,

When adding bones, Poser is automatically adding smoothing between bones(vertex groups). I am rigging a mechanical object with interlinking joints and do not want the smoothing, but am unable to find a way to disable the auto-smoothing.

Is there a way to stop that being added? as it will be a lot of work to have to create weight maps to remove the smoothing.

Steve.M

Enthusiast
Hi Janet, thanks for the reply.

The vid shows what I am trying to avoid, where there is a need to edit/remove the smoothing that Poser is adding.

I will rig in Blender, it only adds smoothing if you want it to.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I don't use rigging for this kind of rigging at all. First of all, to bring a figure with groups into Poser, I use PHI builder, an old app. But assuming you have a figure with the groups and hierarchy you want, I just go to the regular, old Pose room, turn off bending in the Properties of the part, and move the joint center where it needs to be using the Joint Editor (Windows > Joint Editor). I switch to wireframe display and an orthogonal view to do that.