• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

P11 fitting room (G2)

Steve.M

Enthusiast
Hi,

After a long absence from 3d stuff, I am back attempting to learn more about Poser.

I am attempting to use the fitting room with "G2 male" (it is just a simple test). After going through the steps and making the garment a "figure", when returning to the "Pose" room, the garment is not there, it just shows a black outline of where the garment should be. I have made many attempts, but still the problem.
I did go through the exact same steps making a similar attempt with Dusk, and the result is OK.(garment shows).

I thought G2 worked OK with P11. Are there issues I do not know about ? (searching for similar problem does not give result).

I am on windows 7(64) and used P11.06 and P11.1, both with same issue.

can say what it was though, I made my first foray into the fitting room with La Femme last week so pretty new to it too.

Steve.M

Enthusiast
The Normals where/are O.K.

I did think I had solved the issue, as changing the skinning from "Traditional" to "Unimesh" made the garment appear. But when I went to edit the joints/weights of the garment, Poser automatically switched the skinning back to "Traditional" so I could not see the garment again, and I found it too difficult to edit the weights when only seeing the vertex of the garment.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This sounds like there are issues with your model, like non-manifold geometry, overlapping or duplicated faces, edges or vertices, and so on. Poser cannot fix this. When I model in 3DSMAX, there is an utility to check for this kind of errors, and even when I export to OBJ, MAX will warn me if there are issues. I don't know about other programs, but sometimes it helps to have the model checked for bad geometry.

Some programs are notorious for creating bad geometry, such as Marvelous Designer. If you made your clothing there, it is almost certain it will contain bad geometry that needs cleaning up, or even get a complete retopo elsewhere.

Steve.M

Enthusiast
The model was a simple open ended cylinder that was edited to fit over the elbow (lShldr -> lForeArm). So no bad geometry. I was only testing. (I made 6 attempts using different created objects.)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
If the model won't show up in Poser, it can only mean a problem with the geometry. Based on what you said, my first bet would be inverted normals. Poser has an option to correct the normals when importing the OBJ.

Steve.M

Enthusiast
It does show up in Poser, it is only after going through the fitting room and making it into a figure does it then not show, that is untill I change rigging to Unimesh. But as I put forward, when I attempt to edit the joints, the mesh cannot be seen again.

I did send the object into the setup room and used G2 as a doner rig, that all looked good untill I tried to go back into the pose room and Poser crashed.