• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Orc for Dusk

Hi Everyone! Guaiamu here^^
I'm creating a Orc for Dusk, here is some screenshots:

Face

I'm thinking in give him a big teeth and separated morphs for head, body and ears^^.
What you guys think about it? Suggestions? :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Unfortunately guaiamu, The images aren't visible. How did you upload them?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, YES, I can seem them now. :)

Looks like you're using ZBrush. I never could figure out why the mesh always looked that rusty color, when every other modeler I've used shows the mesh as a pale grey.

Anyway, you seem to be off to a good start with him.

Looks like you're using ZBrush. I never could figure out why the mesh always looked that rusty color, when every other modeler I've used shows the mesh as a pale grey.

Anyway, you seem to be off to a good start with him.

Thanks!
Me nether hahaha, when i opened the file it was like that so i did the screenshot :)
Normally i change when i'm working on it but i forgot today ^^"

I hope you like the final product :)

Willowisp

Adventurous
Looking good so far!

Oh and I always thought that colour was supposed to represent clay.. or maybe it's just easier to work with against normally grey-ish backgrounds?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Very cool...

It's just their base shader...it's very easy to change and I generally change it to a white skin shader at some point.

I think it is supposed to represent clay...unless using zmodeller it is very like sculpting in clay.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Exactly what I was thinking earlier when someone mentioned clay. :)

I didn't know you could change the skin color in ZBrush. Interesting.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
You can change it to pretty much anything you like...these are the base shaders you get with Zbrush. I'm pretty sure that you would find more for downloading at Zbrush Central as I have downloaded alphas, brushes etc....just haven't needed to download shaders as I use DS for rendering and it's a different system. However having watched at tutorial on exporting spec maps that may change. edited to add it is actually called Red Clay I just noticed when checking the image.
zbrush-shaders.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think this looks great! And having the separate morphs for head, body, and ears will make it very versatile! I'd definitely be interested. We haven't got a lot of fantasy/creature stuff for Dusk yet, and this looks wonderful so far. :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
You can change it to pretty much anything you like...these are the base shaders you get with Zbrush. I'm pretty sure that you would find more for downloading at Zbrush Central as I have downloaded alphas, brushes etc....just haven't needed to download shaders as I use DS for rendering and it's a different system. However having watched at tutorial on exporting spec maps that may change. edited to add it is actually called Red Clay I just noticed when checking the image.
Ohhhh, look at that. Live and learn. Thanks for the screenshot Pen.