• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Only select certain faces?

Is there a way to select faces directly underneath other faces without selecting all of the other faces behind the ones that I'm trying to select?

Hornet3d

Wise
Is there a way to select faces directly underneath other faces without selecting all of the other faces behind the ones that I'm trying to select?

I am 100% sure what you mean so this may not help and I only know Poser, in Poser if you select a face and the right click there is another menu, click on select and it will list all the items at that can be selected at that point. For example, if there is a figure in a space craft in a space environment and you select the face of the character, right click and choose select and a list will come up with Head, Hair, Wall and Space. So the head, the hair behind the head, the wall behind that and the space environment behind that, just pick the one you want to work with.