• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

nVidia Driver update has 2 flavours

ibr_remote

Adventurous
I just updated my nVidia driver, and I noticed it gives me a choice to install one of 2 versions:
For games or for artistic creators ! I don't know how much of a difference it makes for Poser use, but I opted for the latter.

ibr_remote

Adventurous
Here is a screenshot of the Creators Version nVidia driver update from my machine - performance improvement for Cycles:

GeForce Experience 27 Mar 2019 1_36_53 PMX.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I don't use any of the applications and renderers from the list often enough to make it worth getting the dedicated driver. For instance, I don't render with Arnold, I use Unity3D instead of Unreal, I use Paintshop instead of Photoshop, and I use Substance Designer like once or twice a month. Therefore I better stick to the default driver. :)

Semicharm

Eager
My nVidia card isn't my primary display, mostly just for renders, so the drivers don't get updated very often. I wonder if the Cycles optimizations apply to Poser's version too. I'll have to try that latter when I get the chance.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I wonder if that means Win10 Creator's Update? That might make a difference in the installation. I have Win10 Pro, and often I have problems with updates killing my graphics card and I have to do a roll back, update the graphics card first and then let it update.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
The Creator version apparently gives better results when doing renders. I don't have a supported OS, but a Blender user I follow on YouTube said his Cycles performance was 30% faster.