• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Now that lilac's are in bloom . . .

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I ran into some random poetry, which got me back to reading T.S. Eliot, who I love, and I wanted to do some renders based on his poems. The problem, I don't have any lilacs. There don't seem to be any among the lovely botanicals in the store, and best I could find, esha had some at one point on content paradise, but couldn't find them now (google found the readme, but couldn't find the actual props).

So yes I would like some lilacs, unless someone knows where to find some.

April is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.

- from The Waste Land by T.S. Eliot

frogimus

Adventurous
Wish I knew. Beautiful bush, even if the scent is a bit much for my headaches. Was just considering asking for someone to do blooming redbud and dogwood trees. Spring is a gorgeous time in the woodlands.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's pretty in the city too, just kills my sinuses big time when the pollen count gets high.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
There are some Xfrog billboards for lilac and dogwood in the DAZ store. But they are just billboards.
Dinoraul has Lilacs (syringe vulgaris) over on Rendo. He does rather a lot of plants. I've a distinct impression that I saw flowering dogwood somewhere. But no idea where. It could have been for Cararra or Vue.

RedPhantom

If you don't mind converting, turbosquid has some in various formats that aren't very high priced. There also appear to be some at 3d warehouse but sometimes the quality there is lacking and things don't always convert well.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, not that it matters, but I found the dogwood. It's a PoserWorld model. I'd a lifetime membership so I tended to download thing when they came out, whether I expected to be using them or not.

They've recently abandoned their membership model and are now offering their models for general sale. From what I've seen in their newsletters, the prices are fairly reasonable. Of course, some of the stuff is fairly old, too. But useful. I think the models are for sale from a new site. But I trashed the last newsletter, so can't say where. The old site probably has a link, however.