• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

NO REWARD POINTS til store closes

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
We are very sorry, folks - something happened with the Reward points and we have had to turn them off. So you will not be able to use reward points in your remaining orders

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'm sorry, right now we can't really do anything about that. :(

Is this causing a major problem?

It's just a few more days.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I'd say, just be careful and everyone double check your own records for what you've already bought.
Nothing major. However, figured I'd mention that there was an issue.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks, Rowan. :)

And that's good advice.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
They won't. :(

I know it's frustrating.

We're very sorry, but the store software was allowing Reward Points to cover a person's entire order. I'm sure everyone realizes that's not acceptable.

Unfortunately, it's not something we are able to fix, so no Reward Points. If we could fix it, believe me, we would.

Everything is still on sale, though, so you're getting a good deal on products despite that :)

Thanks for understanding!

charliejudge

Inspired
I had thought about using my rewards points to get a couple of animals before the store closed; but now guess I'll just wait until they show up on Renderosity.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
This happened last year as well on January 1. Evidently it's a date thing in the shopping cart. When I reported it to Lisa last year she discovered that issue.

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
That means, when I place maybe my last order tomorrow, my rest of reward points doesn'rt count anymore?

It's kind of a really bad degree. You could have celebrated this closing far bigger, instead except everything on sale . . . otherwise nothing.

Sorry, but somehow it's easier for me to forget about HiveWire's store now too.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
You may not know this, Klaus, but Lisa Buckalew, one of the 2 main owners of the company, one the 4 of us who ARE the company, and the person who normally handles everything concerning the store, has been in the hospital in critical condition for about the last 2 weeks.

There is a thread in the Meadow forum where Chris posted about her and is giving us updates from her family as they can and he's able to share them. The other 3 of us are worried out of our minds about her.

We didn't do this on purpose to harm our customers. Everyone who has dealt with us probably knows we do all we can to bend over backward to help our CAs and our customers. We didn't just decide "no more Reward points".

As I said a few posts up:

I know it's frustrating.

We're very sorry, but the store software was allowing Reward Points to cover a person's entire order. I'm sure everyone realizes that's not acceptable.

Unfortunately, it's not something we are able to fix, so no Reward Points. If we could fix it, believe me, we would.

Everything is still on sale, though, so you're getting a good deal on products despite that :)

I'm sorry if that's not good enough for you.

We are doing the BEST we can in a terrible situation, and I guess I had hoped that at least the customers who post in our forums would show a bit of understanding, rather than coming in here and telling us how awful we are.

eclark1894

Visionary
Yeah, I just posted in that thread at DAZ - so nice of people to brag about screwing over a company and encouraging others to go do the same. I am seriously losing my faith in people.
Don't give up on us, baby
Don't make the wrong seem right
The future isn't just one night
It's written in the moonlight
Painted on the stars
We can't change ours
Don't give up on us, baby
We're still worth one more try
I know we put a last one by
Just for a rainy evening
When maybe stars are few
Don't give up on us, I know
We can still come through.

:)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yeah, I just posted in that thread at DAZ - so nice of people to brag about screwing over a company and encouraging others to go do the same. I am seriously losing my faith in people.
AND your post is removed from that thread already. Maybe other posts are missing too! I'm not sure what's going on there but looks suspicious hon!

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Alisa, given that the VENDORS and the STORE aren't getting income because of what is going on with the points (trust me folks, I got a good look at my "sales" chart this morning and the customerswere getting $5 discounts and I was getting $0.77 income on the same items, which is backwards) maybe it's time to close the store now. Don't wait for tomorrow. Instead of hobbling along on broken software, cut losses and regroup from there.