• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

No one reads anymore, not even 3d models.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So I've had this idea for a render in my head for a while now that included Dawn sitting and reading a book. Because I've bought several scenes that include things like libraries and wizards towers and stuff I just assumed I had an open book prop.

Turns out most of the book props I own are either stacks of books, or closed books. So I started looking for other book props out there. Turns out there are very few open book props, and almost all of them are lying flat as if on a table, not partially open as if you were holding it and reading it. Which is just interesting to me that there aren't any 'readable' books that look right for a character to be holding and reading.

(To be fair I found a couple different props for some sexy librarian/teacher versions of v4 that were okay. The probable is where as I wouldn't mind another library set, I'm not going ever use the sexy librarian poses, so I don't really feel like buying a full pose set just for the prop).

eclark1894

Visionary
And if you need a reading pose for Dawn... already done.

Reading Pose.png

Jan

Adventurous
Recently I found a nice book by Jim Farris on sharecg.com that might suit your needs Gadget Girl. This is from the Readme:

"This is a poseable 20-page book for Poser.

It includes two mat poses - the first is for a "Steampunk Engineer's Handbook", which contains lots of real tables relating to steam power technology so your steampunk characters can look like they're actually looking through a steam-power technical manual. The second mat pose is a complete copy of Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes Adventure, "A Scandal in Bohemia" - including the original artwork by Sydney Paget.

Also included are poses to set the book open to any particular page, or to close it. There are also two "Sizing" poses. One sizes the book to the Poser People, the other sizes it up really huge so you can make detailed close-up renders of the book.

Texture templates are also included, so you can create page images for your own books and put them into Poser.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This item has been tested to work in Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012. I do not know if it works in DAZ Studio, I don't have Studio."

Several other textures for the book's pages are available like this one

116356.png

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the other links. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks my characters should read.