• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nerd 3D Products at HiveWire

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
As many of you know, Chuck Taylor (aka Nerd 3D) became an exclusive HW CA back in Feb. 2015. We are all honored to have him here!

The 3D Artistry of Nerd 3D

There was a thread for his products at the old forum, but I am helping him out by finally starting one for him here :)

This is Chuck's announcement at his site from back then:
Nerd3D - Moving to the Hive

Not all products have been moved over yet, but more will be arriving as both Chuck & I get time to get them here.

Various circumstances have contributed to the delay, not the least of which was Chuck becoming the Poser Product Manager for Smith Micro.

I love Chuck's videos. Make sure you all check out his You-tube site.
Nerd3Ddotcom

There are tutorials for some of his products, and a lot of other stuff. In addition to the cool products he has, he's got tons of knowledge about Poser and has that are linked there and are just awesome.

The latest products to arrive are the Footsteps tool and Walk Designer for M4 & V4

There are NO major changes in any products since they were at DAZ, just some minor things I've done.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I have several of Chuck's products gracing my runtime. Some are years old and still they do rock!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have several of them as well, but I've always looked at the Footsteps Tool, and may just pick it up at some point.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
More migration of Nerdness

Product: Bike Gurl 42 for V4
Store Page: Bike Gurl 42 for V4 - A Nerd3D Creation at HiveWire 3D

and today:

Product: Rain Tool
Store Page: Rain Tool - A Nerd3D Creation at HiveWire 3D

Product: Fog Tool Deluxe III
Store Page: Fog Tool Deluxe III - A Nerd3D Creation at HiveWire 3D

D

Deleted member 325

The Fog Tool is Invaluable in Poser. I use it quite a lot.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
The one I'm curious about is the snow/foot print tool.... I really have always wanted ANIMAL prints in snow... does it make those (or can you manipulate the shape/size of the prints it does have?) I'm a "one click type of person"... so most of these, although AMAZING are probably more than I can handle...

D

Deleted member 325

The one I'm curious about is the snow/foot print tool.... I really have always wanted ANIMAL prints in snow... does it make those (or can you manipulate the shape/size of the prints it does have?) I'm a "one click type of person"... so most of these, although AMAZING are probably more than I can handle...
I have it, but have not gotten to using it much...yet. I have most of the older tools, but have made far more use of some than others. Though I do have a scene in mind where the footprint tool might be useful, so I will take some time to figure it out next week and see how adaptable it is. Maybe just a wolf or viking walking in the snow to start with...

I can say, any of the tools I have used a lot I can easily recommend: Fog Tool Deluxe, Smoke and Flames Tool, Dust and Trails Tool...especially the Dust and Trails Tool.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
FYI... bought fog and foot prints sets...decided to challenge myself! :)