• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Need Beta Testers (and more help)

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I need a couple of people to Beta Test a product.

This is my first product submission so I need experienced testers who know what has to be done to get this fully beta tested.

The full package consists of;

· One Steam Punk themed dynamic outfit for Pauline2 & Dawn (currently divided into three parts)

· One Steam Punk themed dynamic outfit for Paul2 and Dusk (currently divided into three parts)

· A studio background and a few props to go with the theme

http://file:///C:/Users/Douglas/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.png

As it is for Paul2 & Pauline2 you will need Poser 11.1 (although I assume you could use Poser 9 to test for Dawn and Dusk)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Sounds great if I had experience with testing these kinds of products I would volunteer. Good luck though!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hi Doug, welcome to the HiveWire forums (and soon to the HiveWire store).

I have Poser Pro 11, but not the latest 11.1 update as a lot of folks were having problems with it when it first came out, so I didn't upgrade from the PP11 version just before 11.1. If the items could be tested with the original Paul and Pauline, I can do that. I do have DawnSE and DuskSE, so that's a definite.

Oh, and I have been beta testing for several CAs here in the HW store for several years.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Hi Miss B, I just did a test on the original Pauline and since it is Dynamic cloth it should work fine.

I notice the picture didn’t post here so I opened up a Media Gallery and the image uploaded there ok. Then again I meant to post this thread to the Seeking/Offering Beta Testing forum but I seem to have messed that up as well.

I’m not sure how any of this is supposed to work. So I’ve opened a Dropbox account and I assume you message me and I sent you the link.

Anyway a bit of muddle and disorder – we’ll get there :unsure:.

Thanks so much for this Miss B - and thanks to you too Janet

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Thanks FairyFantastic, I appreciate the welcome.

I only purchased Dusk and Dawn four weeks ago and I have never used daz. But I would certainly like to get these outfits working with daz.

I haven’t figured out how to upload a render to this forum but you can see the clothes at least in my media album.

I was aiming towards downloading daz and figuring out what I needed to do, but then I thought, “Oh, that seems like a lot of work :(”, so I am glad to meet you. (You did read the part about me being a New-Bee right?o_O)

A question or two;
· What do I need to do with the file structure or anything else to get it ready?
· How does daz use materials? Are they the same as Poser?
· All my materials are Physically Based Metallic/Rough, is this ok? Or do Specular/Glossy materials render better with daz?
· Does daz use DirectX or OpenGL for its normal maps?
· Do their displacement maps work the same?
· What about boots? Poser has this weird way where it wants the mesh split in different sections for each vertex group.
So are the obj files for shoes the same in daz as Poser?

:thankyou2:

Nod

Adventurous

This is my first product submission so I need experienced testers who know what has to be done to get this fully beta tested.

· One Steam Punk themed dynamic outfit for Pauline2 & Dawn (currently divided into three parts)

· One Steam Punk themed dynamic outfit for Paul2 and Dusk (currently divided into three parts)

http://file:///C:/Users/Douglas/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.png

As it is for Paul2 & Pauline2 you will need Poser 11.1 (although I assume you could use Poser 9 to test for Dawn and Dusk)

I have Poser 9 & 11. I've done beta testing before.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thanks FairyFantastic, I appreciate the welcome.

I only purchased Dusk and Dawn four weeks ago and I have never used daz. But I would certainly like to get these outfits working with daz.

I haven’t figured out how to upload a render to this forum but you can see the clothes at least in my media album.

I was aiming towards downloading daz and figuring out what I needed to do, but then I thought, “Oh, that seems like a lot of work :(”, so I am glad to meet you. (You did read the part about me being a New-Bee right?o_O)

A question or two;
· What do I need to do with the file structure or anything else to get it ready?
· How does daz use materials? Are they the same as Poser?
· All my materials are Physically Based Metallic/Rough, is this ok? Or do Specular/Glossy materials render better with daz?
· Does daz use DirectX or OpenGL for its normal maps?
· Do their displacement maps work the same?
· What about boots? Poser has this weird way where it wants the mesh split in different sections for each vertex group.
So are the obj files for shoes the same in daz as Poser?

:thankyou2:
If you use the DIM (Download Install Manager) to download and install your software and content, then you don't have to play very much with the file structure, it will do it, itself.

Daz uses .bmp, .jpg, .hdr, and .png as textures, just like poser. When you save out a material, though, instead of .mc6, it will be saved as a .duf

You will have to fiddle with the PBR, because that is Uber Environment or Iray settings. 3Delight, uses different settings for the textures.

I think Daz uses 3Delight or Iray although you CAN render with OpenGL, most folks don't do that.

Displacement maps work better in DS, in my opinion than they do in Poser.

As far as I'm aware, the .objs are the same for Poser and DS.

Hope that helps.
And Welcome!

Red Eagle

Hi DH and welcome to Hivewire. I was a RDNA Alpha tester until they were sold. I have been bata testing here for about 1 1/2 years. I am working on one test right now but could do yours also. I test using a Mac with Poser 9, 10, or 11.1 which ever you would need. Well Pauline and Paul are only 11. Let me know.

Stephen

sorry in late in reply thnk u tiff uve explained it all well hun if u would like me to try thm in daz doug im happy and willing to for u

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Thanks everyone, sorry for my late reply as well, I’m sure many here can relate to having a day job that keeps running interference.

I was considering daz and I’m thinking I might wait to see what it takes to get this poser version through QAV and then look at doing what Dakorillon suggested about the DIM and I’ll download daz and figure it all out. So FairyFantastic I’ll message you at that time to see if you are still available.

I think it would be best to get someone to test it on a Mac. So Stephen/Red Eagle if you could send me a message I’ll get you a link for a dropbox account.

I’m going to upload a render to my media gallery to show what the girl’s outfit looks like on a morphed-Dawn. I did do morphs for the characters to go with these outfits but I was having this great conversation with Alisa about what to include in this package and I think she would have just shook her head if I suggested including them. Hey Alisa, look … a squirrel:sneaky:.

Can anyone tell me how to get an image uploaded to a forum?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hey Doug, I think, if I'm not mistaken, you need to have a certain amount of posts on the forum before you can do that. It's been a long time for me, so I don't recall exactly how many. I'll have to check that out and get back to you.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm like Miss B, I don't remember the limit of posts. But just in case its not that, if you have uploaded to the Media section then just click on the icon that looks like a camera (the black box with a circle in the middle) and that will bring up the latest stuff you submitted to media, you just need to chick the image.

And welcome!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well I checked, and you don't need a specific amount of posts to upload an image to the forums. I believe, however, there's a limit on the size (pixels) and/or or weight (kb) that can be uploaded. I don't recall off hand what those requirements are, so will have to do some more digging, but that may be the issue here.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well I checked, and you don't need a specific amount of posts to upload an image to the forums. I believe, however, there's a limit on the size (pixels) and/or or weight (kb) that can be uploaded. I don't recall off hand what those requirements are, so will have to do some more digging, but that may be the issue here.

I think someone said so time back that the longest side should be no more than 1500 pixels although I do think I have done larger. Anyway, these gays I keep all my uploads to 1500 pixels and make sure the file is no bigger than 500Kb and usually nearer 450Kb.

This is the latest I have to hand and is 1500 x 1135 and 458Kb and loads with no problems.

Forest HW.jpg

If you go over size the systems tells you if it is too big so it that is the cause it should be flagged as such.

Miss B

CV-BEE
This is the latest I have to hand and is 1500 x 1135 and 458Kb and loads with no problems.

If you go over size the systems tells you if it is too big so it that is the cause it should be flagged as such.
Aha! Thanks Hornet as I think the 1500px for the longer side, and 500Kb, are the correct dimensions for uploads on the forum. I haven't run into the problem, but I think you're also correct that the forum will tell you if it's too large.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Actually its 1600px and under 1mb (can't be 1mb, it must be under) I know since I've put promo sized stuff up and the longest size is 1600px :D but yes, it should tell you if its too large.

Lovely image Hornet.

Hornet3d

Wise
I have just tried it and it does give you a warning, interestingly the progress bar completes but as soon as it is completed you get a box stating 'the following error has occurred' and list the error.