• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

My Servers Shutting Down!

theschell

Brilliant

I just wanted to let everyone know I have been notified by my web-host that the servers hosting my product files will be shutting down as of May 13th/2019 and they will no longer be offering hosting support. My website should not be affected, how-ever downloads will be unavailable until I can secure a new host for my files... Not sure if I'm allowed to post this here but wanted to try and let everyone know...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks for letting us know, and here's hoping you find a new web host to your liking sooner, rather than later.

theschell

Brilliant
Thanks for letting us know, and here's hoping you find a new web host to your liking sooner, rather than later.

Thanks Miss B... I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing at this point... the provider didn't exactly give me much warning...

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, sounds like they're going out of business?? Not sure, but I can't imagine a web host not providing server space on another, perhaps updated, server if they were still going to be in business.

This probably isn't the best place to discuss this, but I've been with Dreamhost since 2005, and have always liked them, so if you can access them up where you're located, you might want to check them out.

theschell

Brilliant
Yes, sounds like they're going out of business?? Not sure, but I can't imagine a web host not providing server space on another, perhaps updated, server if they were still going to be in business.

This probably isn't the best place to discuss this, but I've been with Dreamhost since 2005, and have always liked them, so if you can access them up where you're located, you might want to check them out.

They've told me the decision was based on a shift in their business model and costs associated with running the servers... they're dropping storage server support and focusing on simple domain hosting instead...

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhhhh, OK. I suppose that makes sense, but giving you more time would've definitely been better for all concerned.

theschell

Brilliant
Ahhhhh, OK. I suppose that makes sense, but giving you more time would've definitely been better for all concerned.

Yeah... there should have been at least a couple months advance notice so that clients like myself weren't getting left in the lurch like this...

Stezza

Dances with Bees
bugger!

you would of thought they would of given you a list of alternative suppliers for you to transfer to, to help out....

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
GoDaddy is supposed to be reliable and cheap. Never used them myself but I've heard good things.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I've been on Domain Registry of America for yonks. But then, I'm in America. Don't know if it's international.

theschell

Brilliant
After much careful consideration over this last week, I have decided that Schell's Armour Works will be officially closing down at the end of May. My reasons are many, among them the loss of my site product servers, the massive changes to the 3D community, decreases in income from product sales and site traffic due to those changes, and the numerous challenges I've been facing this past year in my personal life. I am deeply grateful to everyone that has supported me for the past 9 1/2 years, but I need to focus on more important circumstances and it is time for me to step back from my 3D commitments for the time-being. Some of my products will continue to be available on sites such as Renderosity and VanishingPoint, but my own site sadly will be shutting down. I will still participate in the community as I have time, but will not be as active as I once was. Thank-you all for nearly 10 years of great support and friendship!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, sorry to hear this, but I certainly understand that your personal life takes precedence. I'm glad your products at Renderosity and VanishingPoint will still be available, and I hope you do stop in once in a while to let us know how you're doing.

theschell

Brilliant
Ohhh, sorry to hear this, but I certainly understand that your personal life takes precedence. I'm glad your products at Renderosity and VanishingPoint will still be available, and I hope you do stop in once in a while to let us know how you're doing.

I will certainly try... I'm not planning on leaving completely, but need to step back and focus on more important things just now... :)