• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

My muse refuses to work!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I want do some promotional images using BeJeweled n glossed and BeJeweled n Sparkled but my muse says no way.
Might be the weather, the pollen or just me but I feel awful today, have all week and just can't get energized to do anything.
But I want to advertise the sets and hopefully get some sales, I need cash.
It seems the last couple of months I just have not felt inspired. :(

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Yep. The muse inspires when the spirit moves her; she does work on our schedule nor at our command.
yes_nod.gif

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I want do some promotional images using BeJeweled n glossed and BeJeweled n Sparkled but my muse says no way.
Might be the weather, the pollen or just me but I feel awful today, have all week and just can't get energized to do anything.
But I want to advertise the sets and hopefully get some sales, I need cash.
It seems the last couple of months I just have not felt inspired. :(

What are you feeding it? It may be starving and on the edge of exhaustion. What could you do that might cheer up a hungry muse? In my experience, cash does not seem to inspire muses in the least. It's just paper to them. HOWEVER the visions of what you and your muse will be DOing together now that you have PLENTY of cash ... well, that's one flavor of muse food right there! :)

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
In reference to the title of the thread ... In my experience, muses inspire, whisper, suggest but they do not work. It's up to us to put our feet to the floor and move in the direction we are inspired to go. If we do good work, both for ourselves and for the muse, perhaps they will feed us more in the way of inspiration, leading to more work.

DREAMing and DOing are equal parts of the equation. A dream without action is just a dream. An action without purpose is ineffective and diluted. Make time to DREAM ... then move the dream into reality through inspired action.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
just re-read all these posts and your muse will be entertained in so many ways.... that's what happens to mine anyways..

get behind me muse... I have other things to do today!

Hornet3d

Wise
My muse goes through long periods of silence leaving me not knowing what to create or even where to begin and generally the more I listen for my muse the longer the silence lasts. My muse inspires at moments of their choosing and often at times when I am not actually listening but still I hear the quietest whisper.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
LOL what if there's an alternate Musiverse where there's a forum post that says "My human refuses to play!" ?

Perspective!

:flower02:
You make a great point here...lol.
Might make an interesting story as well, I once did a short story where I tried to interview my character.
But she was sullen and tired of all the strange roles she was suddenly yanked into.
A story with images about a Musiverse...hmmmm. :)

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I often find that having some necessary dull important task that has to be done (tax return, housework ready for unwanted-but-have-to-be-welcomed visitors, etc.) immediately causes an explosion of ideas. Plus, it can be a way of neutralising that sinking feeling you get when there's way too much you need to do- it's not making a depressing list of never-ending tasks, it's scribing a mantra for energising the muse!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Let me get feeling better and I will do a short story to go with an image about the Musiverse....lol.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Just an out there suggestion: Let your muse take a break and just make something derivative. Find a picture you like and make your own interpretation of it. Especially old master's paintings. I realize that horses are a lot harder to find artwork of than people, but there's still some great stuff out there. Especially if you include sculpture.

Just in case it's helpful, here's a link to my horse references favorites on deviantArt, which pretty much all come from a horse stock group.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I realize that horses are a lot harder to find artwork of than people, but there's still some great stuff out there. Especially if you include sculpture.
OMG, I haven't thought about Frederic Remington's horse sculptures in decades. I had a good friend during high school and college, whose folks had a gorgeous Remington horse statute I used to stare at every time I was at their house. I found it hard to believe back then that someone could sculpt something so intricate.