• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

my Christmas letter (and card) on line!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Sorry to hear about your kitty Lyne. Maybe an older cat would be an option. Still have the litterbox cleanup but they are a lot more chill. And they are SUCH good company! Merry Christmas to you!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Lovely card, Lyne -

Happy Holidays to you!

And what lovely news about your granddaughters' weddings!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks all.... and no, Janet...can't... I really (sadly) can't handle ANY of the physical needs...let alone the necessary trips to the Vets that most cats need (I'd always had rescues)... so I have to just fill that hole with other focuses... more than ever, the HiveWire kitties and puppies (and horses) actually fill that void... note:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Big Hugs to you my dear and a very Merry Christmas and a hopefully, for us all, a happy and prosperous New Year.... XO

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Happy Holiday season to you too Lyne, and congrats to your granddaughters getting married. :)

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Happy holidays to you! (Read your page...sympathies. Do any of your neighbors have a cat you could borrow for a few hours once in a while? That'd be like having a pet only without the cleanup. I go hug the cat-next-door, even though I still have kitties.)

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Merry Christmas to you too, Lynne!

Also, if you are missing furry company, check around your area . Here in Phoenix, you can get a service to come once a day and clean your litter and even play with or walk your cat on a leash. ( I've trained many cats to walk on a leash and once they are used to it, they come running as soon as you pull out their harness )

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh thanks for the suggestions... with a very low immune system, (and being allergic to fleas!) I can't have help come in, nor hug my neighbor's cats... in fact ANYONE who leaves their kitties outside here is asking for trouble... coyotes still run around here and get them!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
yes, BUT HiveWire sure fills the need for furry kids!!! I LOVE buying, imagining, rendering, and post working...

A fun thing I discovered this year... I print out a whole "pile"... well, stack really, of my art on 8x10 glossy each year, to give to the "Mom of my Heart" (actually my ex-Mother in law, whom adopted me so to speak, and I her...I love her to bits!) and then put titles, etc... but anyway... just DOING that, gets ME to look at and uh... blush...admire my own art and gives me such a sense of pride...(which I am kinda low on-always have been)....but getting my weird printer to print it out JUST RIGHT, makes me study each one...and this year, I had a stack an inch thick for her (Priority mail it to her with her Christmas card)....she REALLY loves my efforts and does not use a computer... So I'm giving her a gift, which is sort of giving myself a gift, if that makes sense? I normally get an art idea, submerge into it, produce it, upload to my galleries...and move right on to another idea... hence, I don't take time to appreciate my own work... ?! :)

The time Hive came out with the house cat, I went bananas and couldn't give myself enough art kitties! Did lots and lots...and again with each new cat/kitten...it's thrilling to have these models! :)

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Beautiful letter, Lyne. I am sorry the year has been so tough on you. I am sorry that you lost your cat. Life sure can force us to make adjustments that may not be all that welcome or feel all that comfortable.

I am touched by how you seem to find the good side of every challenge you face. Your art reminds me of a quote that's been on my mind a lot lately. "Pain in life is inevitable; suffering is optional." You have so much to manage physically and emotionally that it must sometimes feel exhausting ... yet you always seem to overcome your challenges and find and express the beauty of life through your positive attitude and your art.

Thank you for the inspiration. I hope the magic of the holiday season warms and comforts you and your heart.

Lisa

P.S. Congrats on those granddaughters and weddings!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks so much Lisa! Ya.. I do seem to have a bit of the Pollyanna in me, no matter what. :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Not at ALL! What a lovely gift for the "Mom of your heart"!