My adventures in dForce

Discussion in 'The Sandbox' started by Pendraia, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

I finally have some of my content installed and have started to play again with dForce. Love the new computer as it works so much faster. So far I have had a play with a few items that were originally intended for Poser. One by Satira and one by Lully. Shaders on both are from Lully's great shader factory.
    test 2 divas playdress.png Learning to fly.png

So far the only thing I needed to play with was the gravity. Interesting to note if you go into the minus the clothing goes up instead of down...that might be useful with hair. I was thinking of trying that when I get chance...

Lorraine, LisaB, Rae134 and 3 others like this.
  2. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Those look great! I highly recommend Arki's dForce Webinar when it comes out at DAZ. It was really good, and talked about rigging clothing for dForce, and a lot about how to adjust dForce for various things.

LisaB likes this.
  3. Pendraia

Thanks I'm having a lot of fun with it. I will have to save up for the tutorial. I'm a bit broke at the moment as I had to renew my UVLayout service agreement so I could update it.

I love being able to use Lully's and Satira's stuff as dynamic like it was intended...

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  4. Rokket

Rokket Dances with Bees

What is dforce? Is that a DAZ thing?

5. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

Uncle Google is our friend Rokket :):

6. Pendraia

Thanks Bonny! Yes...its a Daz thing.

Bonnie2001 likes this.
  7. Rokket

Rokket Dances with Bees

I don't trust Uncle Google. He has a strange look in his eyes...

8. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

Spying eyes I guess Rokket? I don't mind so long as he finds whet we want. ;)

Pendraia and Rokket like this.
  9. Rokket

Rokket Dances with Bees

Yeah, those. I really don't care either, to be honest. I have nothing to hide. But a lot of people get all upset about things like that.

10. Rae134

Rae134 Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

It depends on the hair, most will explode because they aren't really anchored. But if its a simple enough hair and you use dForce weight map it your self so near the scalp is fixed it can work.

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Pendraia like this.
  11. Pendraia

Yes...your right, it's no good with hair that isn't attached or weight mapped to restrict what moves.

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Rae134 like this.
  12. Pendraia

Finally had some more time to play. This time I experimented with the long sleeve top for Luna by Karth. I'm getting some odd rippling along the hemline. Anyone know how to fix this? Luna in the park.jpg

13. Rae134

not sure as I don't have that one, but sometimes adding some more time to the sim for it to settle can help. It looks good on my screen, adds movement, and I wouldn't have picked up on it if you didn't mention it.

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Pendraia like this.
  14. Pendraia

Thanks Rae...I'm not sure how to add more time to the sim. I'll have to check it out...moved on to doing some textures for the jeans and long sleeve as I want something other than Easter.
    Little Angel Blue c.jpg

15. Rae134

Just loading stuff on the comp at the moment, but if I get a chance later, I'll screen shot it if I remember :)

EDITED: here it is... Just bump up the Stabilization Time (that is if that's what's causing it)
    Stabilization Time.jpg

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  16. Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre) Running with the wolves. CV-BEE Contributing Artist

That answers one of my "Hmm, I wonder...." questions ahead of time. Thanks, Pen! LOL

Pendraia likes this.
  17. Pendraia

It's not always obvious what is connected and what isn't until you try Seliah...:lol:

I generally have to lower the default gravity setting as otherwise stuff just looks saggy and baggy.

18. RAMWolff

RAMWolff Wolff Playing with Beez! Contributing Artist

I've been having fun, frustrating fun, but fun. I've been trying to get some of my creations d-Forced and so far some items are great, some horrible. The stabilizing is set to 1.00 but I've found by using it between 1.10 to 1.50 gives better results for allot of the stuff I'm trying to do. Here are a couple I liked. The SuperSuit has been redone completely to fit Genesis 8 as well as redid my WorkOut Togs. The cape is a mixture of d-Force and some morphs. For a conforming cape it's really a struggle to get things looking really good unless I want to spend DAYS and DAYS doing cape morphs for just about any position he's in AND the cape become detached from his collar bones I take him from a standing position to a flight position so I HAVE to use d-Force and then some built in morphs I made to get this effect. Kinda fidgety for the end user.... The WorkOut Togs shorts as you can see drape nicely even in this haunch sitting position (that's Ollie by the way with the new DAZ 8 Dog) ............

Attached Files:

19. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Those look nice Rich. I especially like the way the cape is flying in the breeze, so to speak. ;)

20. Pendraia

I love that youve posted here Ram! They both look good. I also findit ver frustrating at times. I played with Dawns princess dress for diva but it was very frustrating and in the end I gave up on it. I'll probably give it another try when I've learnt more.