• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Most commonly used figures?

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
If creating fit morphs for props, which figures (Poser native/Poser-compatible/DS only) are likely to be most looked-for? Any thoughts? Yes, both programs have ways of getting things to fit different figures, but a one-dial morph is generally easier if available. Or am I wrong in that assumption?

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
If creating fit morphs for props, which figures (Poser native/Poser-compatible/DS only) are likely to be most looked-for? Any thoughts? Yes, both programs have ways of getting things to fit different figures, but a one-dial morph is generally easier if available. Or am I wrong in that assumption?
Just speaking personally: If you're taking a poll, I mostly use Dawn. But I've seen a need to move on from Vicky since Genesis first came out. I think that the Poser community in general keeps waiting for "the one," not accepting that Vicky only became the one after we all not only accepted her but chipped in and worked on her for four versions and several years. So I don't know what the remaining Poser community is doing in general.

On a general note, I think that if you're talking DS, then the latest Genesis figures in default are probably enough, since they have autofitting. IMHO, figure fits are just a good starting point, because almost everyone ends up rendering a random character you can't predict. In my experience, few can do what they need with one dial, unless we're talking about community dominating characters like GND. Even then, most people only render her a few times. People render her more than other characters they buy, since they usually render characters they collect only once if at all. And I sincerely believe that the future of Poser, no matter what, will involve multiple figures. I think figure agnostic features are essential, especially fitting morphs.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the responses. I know autofit is a thing in DS. I'm hopeless at recognising which figures have been used in a render, so find it hard to see which figures are most popular in that way, but it seems to make sense to make it easy to use something on a figure that is commonly used.

Hornet3d

Wise
Like many here at Hivewire I use Dawn and Dusk and, maybe not so commonly still M4. That said I have customised version of Dawn and therefore clothes generally do not fit 100% and I guess a single dial would have the same result. There are two ways I get clothing to fit my character, use dynamic or use the morph brush, in fact I do tend to use the morph brush with both dynamic and conforming clothes.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
What I've seen of DS use, the most common figures are always the most recent DAZ figure bases.

mdbruffy

Enthusiast
I still find myself using Victoria 3 and sometimes 4. I use Dawn, but I don't have alot for her yet. Thankfully, Poser 11 has Wardrobe Wizard to help with getting outfits to fit. I would use Poser's figures more, but they don't seem to care about supporting them like everyone supports Daz and Hivewire.
While I'm typing this, I'm going to ask an off topic question:
How can I get Mozilla Thunderbird to stop thinking Hivewire's email's are spam? It happens everytime.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I stopped using Thunderbird years ago when I still had 2 active computers, a desktop, and a laptop. It was annoying to me to have all the email going to just one computer, and having them both setup to check, wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.

Now I access all my email accounts on the web. Much better for me, as I can access them from any computer, tablet or phone, though I don't usually read email on my phone. Still it's nice to be able to if need be.

BTW, mdbruffy, would you like me to take your Thunderbird query, and my response, and move them to a new thread in The Meadow forum so we can leave this thread on topic?

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
How can I get Mozilla Thunderbird to stop thinking Hivewire's email's are spam? It happens everytime.

Real quick so as not to derail too much: Right click on the message in your junk folder, choose "Move to Inbox again." Then I think after that it will treat it as normal mail.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I'm not bothered by derailing, I tend to end up doing it myself!

What figures are everyone using today?

xmasrose

Eager
I use DS and use Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 the most as well as HW Dawn.
I believe most DS users still use G3 and use G8 as they can share skins and wardrobe.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I am trying to use Dawn and Dusk more along with Antonia now but still use V4 and M4 along with Aiko3 for some things

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I use HiveWire figures exclusively. I finished up a few V4 renders in 2013, but after that ... it's Dawn & Co all the way, baby!

I keep thinking I should convert some V4/M4 clothing one day, but I haven't yet found the time to do so! So much of it was render once and never again, but there are a few pieces I'd like to use on Dawn.

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
I use genesis 3 male the most, followed by gen 8 female. I only buy models for the skin, because I like to make my own faces, and with the wealth of morphs, facegen and Z brush- it's easy to get exactly the face you are looking for.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
if there was a clothing converter from G, G2, G3 & G8 to dawn and Dusk then that's what I'd use as G3 & G8 don't work in Carrara.

is there a converter around for that?

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
if there was a clothing converter from G, G2, G3 & G8 to dawn and Dusk then that's what I'd use as G3 & G8 don't work in Carrara.

is there a converter around for that?
Xdressere can do this apparently, not tried it my self yet though

Darryl

Adventurous
I use Cookie and Chip mostly. Yeah they're throwbacks, but along with Capsces morphs, I find them rather versatile. Plus they're toony from the top of their bulbous heads to the tips of their stubby toes, lol. For realistic figures I use Dawn, Dusk, M4 and Sasha 16 in pretty much equal measure. Still waiting for the M4 version of Sasha.

Me195

Extraordinary
I use Dawn and Dusk mostly. I also use Project Evolution, M4, and Sasha-16(Re-worked V4). To a lesser extent I use Pauline 2 and Paul 2.