• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
My point was that opening a window to cold air is not the source of the cold virus. Your husband may be carrying it but not sickened by it, and he just passed it on to you.

Dana
My point is that exposure to cold temperatures suppresses the immune system, so the opportunities for viral infection increase. On top of that I use immune system suppressant for my condition from time to time when is over active, so it make it even worse.
Cold viruses can be dorment staying in your body inactive , and can activate itself in situations like that, or be triggered by a live virus from another person, viruses love cold temperatures and low humidity, where bacteria warm and humid.
And that is what I trying to explain to you.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I used to buy my herbs in a Herboristerie and collect many by my own and also grow them. We have here in France fortunately , till now very strict laws for those who sell herbal. So to buy in a Herboristerie is very safe and you get what is written on the package.
Have to try this with the vanilla. Becomes unacceptable with my pilgrimage to the biscuit shelf LOL And this new herb I have, taste really nasty.

My husband is also such a robust guy. During my stomach flue I ask him every hour if he really don't feel sick like me...No he don't .He was pretty fine. Also with cold and stuff he is very robust. His conclusion, he has no time to get sick , thats why :cautious:
That why I need my lil farm so I can grow my own botanic garden again. Growing stuff in pods make not as much fun anymore.

LOL my husband says the same.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Continue to take care of you Cath, I'm sorry that you are/were so sick. No fun at all. I had a very rough night last night myself so I'm THANKFUL that my work day consists of time on the computer and perhaps a nap this afternoon!

Healing Hugs to you

Richard

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Continue to take care of you Cath, I'm sorry that you are/were so sick. No fun at all. I had a very rough night last night myself so I'm THANKFUL that my work day consists of time on the computer and perhaps a nap this afternoon!

Healing Hugs to you

Richard
Thank you Richard, doing fine today, just my chest cleans itself still a little bit but that's normal , and my resting heart rate finally falled down this morning so it is a very good sign. I just came to conclusion that taking Tylenol or Theraflu only doubles the time of the healing process because it reduce the necessary fever to fight the virus as long as it is on the mild side.

Snowing today as hell , most of the cars vanished under the snow already as the wind blowing up the snow, predicted 18" to max 24" until tomorrow.

I hope everything is ok with you Richard !
Sending healing hugs back at ya ! stay safe my friend !
Cath

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Snowing today as hell , most of the cars vanished under the snow already as the wind blowing up the snow, predicted 18" to max 24" until tomorrow.
A very strange snow storm indeed. I saw it starting when I was coming home from running errands yesterday around 5:30pm, and it stayed pretty light up until I went to sleep around 1:30am this morning.

Then when I woke up around 10:30am, it was snowing heavily, and now it's tapered down to a very light snow again. From what I can see of the window sills, and tops of outside a/c units, we will have a large final amount of snow, because it was predicted it would last until early tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. What's really making a mess is the high volume winds the past few days. Not so bad when there's no precipitation, but with rain or snow, horrible.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
A very strange snow storm indeed. I saw it starting when I was coming home from running errands yesterday around 5:30pm, and it stayed pretty light up until I went to sleep around 1:30am this morning.

Then when I woke up around 10:30am, it was snowing heavily, and now it's tsaid apered down to a very light snow again. From what I can see of the window sills, and tops of outside a/c units, we will have a large final amount of snow, because it was predicted it would last until early tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. What's really making a mess is the high volume winds the past few days. Not so bad when there's no precipitation, but with rain or snow, horrible.
It started yesterday here but it was like 3 inches at 1:30 am when I also went to sleep lol, in the morning not much so my husband went to work, but after 8 am it started to be crazy and continue until right now with heavy winds and fluffy snow. I have no idea how he come back home tonight, I see cars getting trapped on the little streets where nobody cleaned it . If it continues until 1am tonight it may be a lot, they said rain tonight after 1am but just new prediction. We see
I did not saw so much snow for a while , strange snow storm, and weather in general , next week back to 10F at night again .. The winter weather is shifting , every year later and later with very weird unstable pattern , in 7 weeks spring already.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Mother Nature has a huge front coming in where I live. The winds sounds incredible. I love weather like this because poor California needs all the rain she can get! And I don't care how we get it, rain, snow, what ever! BRING IT!

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Finished the 1st full base character shape ( the high details gonna be in displacement and normal maps)
additional stuff once I have the beta rigging of Dawn 2

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-04 151752.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-02-04 151752.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Screenshot 2021-02-04 151824.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-02-04 151824.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Screenshot 2021-02-04 152519.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-02-04 152519.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 166

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Just messing up with the next base face from the North Hemisphere , Sigourney Weaver style heroine ? lol

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-04 174331.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-02-04 174331.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Screenshot 2021-02-04 174447.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-02-04 174447.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot 2021-02-04 175037.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-02-04 175037.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 158

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I'm definitely seeing a likeness Cath. ;)
Thank you dear, NOT planned , but the Nordic girl I used for reference had this typical facial bone structure that reminds me of her somehow. I love Sigourney Weaver since Alien 1 , not on the very pretty side but strong and powerful . Would be great for a Viking female character and other heroines. So decided to keep it and working on the base, more is better .. Dawn2 need versatility

Miss B

CV-BEE
I wasn't a fan of the Alien movies, but always liked her in other movies she starred in.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Like Avatar. I loved her in Avatar. I hear she's coming back for the sequels but since her character died in the last scenes of the first movie it will be interesting to see how they pull that off!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Like Avatar. I loved her in Avatar. I hear she's coming back for the sequels but since her character died in the last scenes of the first movie it will be interesting to see how they pull that off!
Yes!! I liked her character in Avatar, in fact I loved everything about that movie. I don't usually see movies twice in the theaters, as I often by the DVDs when they come out if I really like them, which I did with Avatar, but I couldn't resist going to the theater to see it a second time. Good thing I did, as I saw things I missed the first time around.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
SAME! Fred and I were not ones for movie theaters but saw it TWICE and it was well worth it!

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
She never died just her body, she becomes a part of Eywa helped them to win the war. She may come back and guide them via secret tree to protect them again from a second invasion . As Col.Miles Quaritch said : Nothing's over while I'm breathing!
and because he survived according to rumors , it's gonna be interesting. I watched it like 10 times, the extended version was so much better.

Miss B

CV-BEE
She never died just her body, she becomes a part of Eywa helped them to win the war.
OMG, I totally forgot what happened in the last scene! Now I'm going to have to watch it again. Glad I have the DVD. :D

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea I heard they are bringing back the Colonial too, they needed a villain so they are making up some story about how he survived after his "walker" mech and he got destroyed. I guess you can't keep a bad man down! LOL

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Yes!! I liked her character in Avatar, in fact I loved everything about that movie. I don't usually see movies twice in the theaters, as I often by the DVDs when they come out if I really like them, which I did with Avatar, but I couldn't resist going to the theater to see it a second time. Good thing I did, as I saw things I missed the first time around.
The extended version was so much better , one of my all favorite movie , her Grace character was great in Avatar, I love how it progressed..

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
OMG, I totally forgot what happened in the last scene! Now I'm going to have to watch it again. Glad I have the DVD. :D
I watched the other day via my projector in big format and as usual I cried again on the last scene with Grace .. I am never tired of that movie, first time I watched I focused on all the amazing cgi effects, it took me really couple times to stop the cgi autopsy and focus on the story line and actual movie.