• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
So sorry to hear you are stuck in the city during this covid hell! I would go crazy if I didn't have my little farm and the horses. I really hope once this clears up you can move to the country! I did live in New York CIty for 8 years when I was younger and I loved it but I was ready to move back to the country after that:)
Stuck is exactly what it is , well my dream keeping me going .. a little farm , I would be finally free

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Stuck is exactly what it is , well my dream keeping me going .. a little farm , I would be finally free
To live in the campagne is awesome. Sure it has also negative sites, but more positive. When we moved from Paris away a while ago, I was relieved and never looked back. Today we live in the Mountains, 700 meter high in a small village with 400 people ( roughly) .Never feel so relaxed and free.
Wish you luck :)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
From what I've been told by someone who bought a farm...freedom is not exactly all that's involved! A lot of work!

Dana
I am not about to be a serious commercial Farmer , just little off grid "farm" my own little retirement oasis to connect back with the nature. Free from crazy people on the streets, concrete and bricks. Work is good, keeps you alive .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
To live in the campagne is awesome. Sure it has also negative sites, but more positive. When we moved from Paris away a while ago, I was relieved and never looked back. Today we live in the Mountains, 700 meter high in a small village with 400 people ( roughly) .Never feel so relaxed and free.
Wish you luck :)
That's beautiful , I was living 100 km from Paris , I was often in the areas in the 90s, so beautiful times. Many people don't know but living in the city you need constantly looking your back especially here , it's no safe, and after the pandemic even worse, the mental health declines , too many desperate people. NYC is right now a death city that stand still , like from an apocalyptic movie. It's scary
I just want to be free from this anxiety , we going out anyway as the other 300.000 people did, even if we have to rent something temporary for the next 12 months, it gonna be on the countryside for sure as we made our plans already and it is gonna be great! and at the half price of living.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
OMG Cath- so you are stuck in NYC?? I hope not! I can't imagine anywhere I WOULDN'T want to be right now...

I sure hope you get your little farm this year! I love mine. We've been here 30 years now...hard to believe!

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
OMG Cath- so you are stuck in NYC?? I hope not! I can't imagine anywhere I WOULDN'T want to be right now...

I sure hope you get your little farm this year! I love mine. We've been here 30 years now...hard to believe!
We had everything to do that last year, but then March killed it, jobs was lost , all savings went for living pushing us back from our little dream.
Now it is like in the movie Escape from NYC , but things slowly going back on track so we going to be fine . The worst is behind us already.
You are right Laurie , you don't want to be here, nobody want.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I am so sorry, Cath! But I have hope your dream will come true and sooner rather than later! (Vermont is a nice place for a little farm! I grew up there:)
Hugs! And hang in there!

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I am so sorry, Cath! But I have hope your dream will come true and sooner rather than later! (Vermont is a nice place for a little farm! I grew up there:)
Hugs! And hang in there!
Thank you Laurie, Vermont is on our list ! My hubby's first choice :D
Hugs back !

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Started to working on the body for my West African female character Sade ( meaning The Crown)
since a lot of dolly types body already around, I am going to give her more natural everyday type of body, not too skinny and not too chubby, just in the middle to match her face and realistic proportions. Of course the head and body will be separated morphs so can be always edited for the desired result, I will drop later tonight to show you some work in progress .

Cath

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Here some work in progress on the torso part for now , just base not defined yet, just to give you an idea
I hope you like
Cath

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-27 223329.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-01-27 223329.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 226
  • Screenshot 2021-01-27 224026.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-01-27 224026.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 216
  • Screenshot 2021-01-27 223758.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-01-27 223758.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 224
  • Screenshot 2021-01-27 230612.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-01-27 230612.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 211
  • Screenshot 2021-01-27 230006.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-01-27 230006.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 201
  • Screenshot 2021-01-27 230349.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-01-27 230349.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 212

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So far I am absolutely loving your sculpt works here! The diversity would be wonderful to have! I am forever clawing it out of our figures when I do my own renders. Not being very good in a modeling program yet, though, I can only do just so much inside of DS/Poser with the tools in those programs. :)

These are just beautiful. I can't wait! :love:

Gosh, you sound exactly like me there. I've taken to calling it "trapped urban," LOL.

A little family homestead somewhere away from all the blasted concrete and highways would be wonderful. We're working towards that ourselves, too. Half my childhood was spent up in the Cascades over in WA State and the other half was in the western NY/Buffalo region up near the Canadian border. So mountains are kind of just in my blood. My grandparents had a small local farm/homestead there. That's where I learned how to ride, too, though I've never been able to ride with anything more than a blanket. I'm just a tack-less type and always have been. :)

Anyway. Really looking forward to what you do with these! I love the fact that they're properly based on regional characteristics instead of Hollywood-ized stereotypes. Thank you for that!

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
That's beautiful , I was living 100 km from Paris , I was often in the areas in the 90s, so beautiful times. Many people don't know but living in the city you need constantly looking your back especially here , it's no safe, and after the pandemic even worse, the mental health declines , too many desperate people. NYC is right now a death city that stand still , like from an apocalyptic movie. It's scary
I just want to be free from this anxiety , we going out anyway as the other 300.000 people did, even if we have to rent something temporary for the next 12 months, it gonna be on the countryside for sure as we made our plans already and it is gonna be great! and at the half price of living.
Today this once beautiful city rotten to the ground. Dirty, filthy , dangerous , ruled by thugs.
My mother in Law , still lives in Paris , the 16e arrondissement, but this area is already too decaying.

When we move away from there, to the Vosges at first, it was like a big stone get removed from my chest.
Nature around me , magical forests and places. We was hiking there a lot.
Than we move to Sully/Loire , or Saint Benoit sur Loire , a little village in the farmlands .Dreamy , we even don't had to lock our doors when we go for shopping. I enjoyed so much the time there. Now we had to move here in the Jura. So beautiful. Surrounded by nature , this is like recharging your battery. I have no farm, even if I would like to have one, animals are my big love :inlove: , but alone I would be not able to manage it and my husband has a very stressful job . So no help.
But my garden is enough. Growing herbs, flowers , I love this and during the warm seasons I spent most of my time there.

I really wish for you that you can move on a place where your heart belongs and find peace. Cross all the fingers for you. :inlove:

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Here some work in progress on the torso part for now , just base not defined yet, just to give you an idea
I hope you like
Cath

Those look magnifique . She reminds me of my best friend during my time as student. Cant wait to get her :balloon03:

Any plans for Asia characters? I am a huge fan of Asia stuff, Kawai and Anime , real character. This is why I begin to learn morphing /sculpting characters because Poser has no one really cute Asia character. Except from Tempesta.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
So far I am absolutely loving your sculpt works here! The diversity would be wonderful to have! I am forever clawing it out of our figures when I do my own renders. Not being very good in a modeling program yet, though, I can only do just so much inside of DS/Poser with the tools in those programs. :)

These are just beautiful. I can't wait! :love:

Gosh, you sound exactly like me there. I've taken to calling it "trapped urban," LOL.

A little family homestead somewhere away from all the blasted concrete and highways would be wonderful. We're working towards that ourselves, too. Half my childhood was spent up in the Cascades over in WA State and the other half was in the western NY/Buffalo region up near the Canadian border. So mountains are kind of just in my blood. My grandparents had a small local farm/homestead there. That's where I learned how to ride, too, though I've never been able to ride with anything more than a blanket. I'm just a tack-less type and always have been. :)

Anyway. Really looking forward to what you do with these! I love the fact that they're properly based on regional characteristics instead of Hollywood-ized stereotypes. Thank you for that!
Thank you, yes I am trying to keep it real, based on a real references and not just what is trending for the main characters of the series .

NY state is beautiful , we spent a lot of time in the spring/summer discovering new places , reminds me of home, the people are also so kind.
I learned how to ride when I was 10, later mostly on Arabian Horses, very beautiful and tall and with a lot of temperament , a times to remember.
My father's family had farms in North and South , but mostly commercial Tabaco .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Today this once beautiful city rotten to the ground. Dirty, filthy , dangerous , ruled by thugs.
My mother in Law , still lives in Paris , the 16e arrondissement, but this area is already too decaying.

When we move away from there, to the Vosges at first, it was like a big stone get removed from my chest.
Nature around me , magical forests and places. We was hiking there a lot.
Than we move to Sully/Loire , or Saint Benoit sur Loire , a little village in the farmlands .Dreamy , we even don't had to lock our doors when we go for shopping. I enjoyed so much the time there. Now we had to move here in the Jura. So beautiful. Surrounded by nature , this is like recharging your battery. I have no farm, even if I would like to have one, animals are my big love :inlove: , but alone I would be not able to manage it and my husband has a very stressful job . So no help.
But my garden is enough. Growing herbs, flowers , I love this and during the warm seasons I spent most of my time there.

I really wish for you that you can move on a place where your heart belongs and find peace. Cross all the fingers for you. :inlove:
That's beautiful to hear, I was messing around on the east side of France , I loved the little towns and police uniforms lol
What I am really looking for is a small little farm, for growing my own vegetables, flowers, spices , have some chicken for eggs and some other small animals and living green off grid as possible. I grow my veggies in pots every year but that's not the same, missing the nature around me , every moment we have we spend outdoors , going into to woods and mountains , spend time by the wild lakes, you can actually finally breathe and recharge . I did not wanted to come home, like today's Paris, NYC is not different + rats everywhere , what made NYC great was the people, but somehow they vanished and nobody knows if it ever recovers again.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Those look magnifique . She reminds me of my best friend during my time as student. Cant wait to get her :balloon03:

Any plans for Asia characters? I am a huge fan of Asia stuff, Kawai and Anime , real character. This is why I begin to learn morphing /sculpting characters because Poser has no one really cute Asia character. Except from Tempesta.
Yes , I will make Asian, West African, North African (Egypt), Caucasian and Latino(a) for now for the bases , once I have it I can make different variations since all main characters are based on a real 3d humans scans , same for Dusk 2 when I am done with this first. So for now simple base character with regional matching clothing , so everyone can find what they looking for the start. It would be easier to redone real form human into fantasy model than fantasy model into a real human form. Dawn 2.0 legs are slightly longer than average female, but that is not big deal, long legs was never an issue. The rest failed into the right proportions.
Thank you, I am happy you like it !

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Yes , I will make Asian, West African, North African (Egypt), Caucasian and Latino(a) for now for the bases , once I have it I can make different variations since all main characters are based on a real 3d humans scans , same for Dusk 2 when I am done with this first.
This sounds very good. I have sketched out a few outfits in Anime/Manga/Kawai style , for now I will them modeling around DawnSR , but it is no issue, I can refit it later. So your characters are more than welcome :inlove: .
Have also a few Fantasy/Gothic outfits on my sketch board ,but just rough ideas.
Exciting .