• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mastering Clothing Conversion Webinar 09-17-16

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
This thread is for discussion related to the Mastering Clothing Conversion Webinar, Saturday, September 17th, 2106. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@Bryan, you mentioned Layers in the webinar...do you know what they do ? Are they like LIE where you can add additional textures?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Question regarding using one material for Firefly and Superfly...where do you plug in things that go in the Alternate diffuse for Superfly Physical Surface?

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Really enjoyed the webinar! I learned bunches, and I think it will help me to better work with the materials so that those who help test will have an easier time of it. Loved the transfer utility stuff, will really help, I had heard of it, but never knew what/where it was! Thanks Paul for you time and effort and your willingness to work with "dim lightbulb" people! lol

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
If you missed this, you can now get the recording!!

Mastering Clothing Conversion Between Poser and DS - A Digital Art Live Creation at HiveWire 3D

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I just finished watching the recording. Definitely good info, personally I feel like it was mostly stuff I knew already. But worth the money as a resource. I think what I am struggling with is tweaking jcm's for clothing, so was hoping there would have been more info about that. I guess that probably falls under the rigging category before conversion even takes place. I also only have Poser 9 (not pro), so maybe am lacking in the tools department.

Kind of a catch 22 for me; content creation is still just a hobby for me, so I need to make good products to make money to buy more and better tools, but I need more and better tools to make better products more easily. And around and around it goes... :)