• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Making textures for human figures

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I was thinking of making textures for human figures. Mainly for personal usage but also for commercial usage.
What do I need at minimum in order to create the textures. I do have Photoshop CS6 and Zbrush but Zbrush is not installed at this moment as I am waiting to install it on my new computer when it comes.
Any tips for someone starting out at texturing humans?

Shellyw

Admirable
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
most easiest way is merchant resources , to me MR's are the best way to play around with texturing for a beginner.

If you are wanting to make from scratch then there are several ways to do them, depending on your skill and what software you want to use.

Me, when I worked on textures I just purchased MR's and made my changes with PS/PSP, I also created a MR a very long time ago with RebelMommy for V4. I used PS and skin photo resources from 3dsk.

Nowadays I don't make skin textures very much at all but the ones I play with, I make using blacksmith3d. PS and all my old skin resources from 3dsk.