• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Looking to hire someone to show me how to install Hivewire content to DAZ Studio.

Hello!
I have been using DAZ Studio for about 3 years, but have always installed with the Install Manger.

I bought some content on Hivewire in December 2020, and after watching many videos and reading many articles/forums and doing many experiments, I still have not gotten it to install correctly yet.

I am tech savvy, but, this process somehow escapes me. :-O

Would love to hire someone to show me how to install the content correctly.
We would do a Zoom meeting while I share my screen with you, and I would record it while you show me how to install the content I have purchased from Hivewire, and explain what is going on and why certain things go in which place.

The content I purchased from Hivewire includes the Hivewire Horse and a bunch of Ken Gilliland's birds.

Looking forward to experiencing enlightenment with you. :-D

Thank you!
Have a marvelous day, and if not, I hope you have lots of chocolate available...
:-D
Christine

Last edited by a moderator:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, Christine - You don't need to hire anyone : See this thread:
How to install and find your HiveWire 3D content in DAZ Studio

And here's more info, from what I've discovered helping people in Support:

There are 2 options:
1-you want to ADD the product to an already existing DS Library. Let's say you have one called My Library that looks like this:

>My Library
>data
>Animals
>People
>Runtime
etc.

a) Unzip the HW Product (let's use SBRM Birds of Prey 1 as an example) in a separate folder somewhere on your hard drive.
Make 2 windows in Win Explorer, so you can see BOTH that folder AND your "My Library" folder

Let's say you created A MASTER folder called HiveWire 3D to unzip all your HiveWire products into: So you now have folders like this:
>HiveWire 3D
>SBRM Birds of Prey 1
>data
>Animals
>Runtime
>ReadMes
>Templates

b) Drag the data, Animals, Runtime, ReadMes, and Templates DIRECTLY INTO that "My Library" folder

DS will ask if you want to merge the folders data, Animals, Runtime. Say yes.

Now, when you go to DAZ Studio to your My Library folder, just go to Animals and you'll see a subfolder Songbird Remix.

2-You want to create a whole new library for all HiveWire stuff, or one for Ken's Birds.

In that case, Put a folder called whatever you want to call it wherever you put your DS Libraries. Let's say you call it Songbird Remix Stuff

a) Unzip the HW Product (let's use SBRM Birds of Prey 1 as an example) in a separate folder somewhere on your hard drive.
Make 2 windows in Win Explorer, so you can see BOTH that folder AND your "My Library" folder

Let's say you created A MASTER folder called HiveWire 3D to unzip all your HiveWire products into: So you now have folders like this:
>HiveWire 3D
>SBRM Birds of Prey 1
>data
>Animals
>Runtime
>ReadMes
>Templates

b) Drag the data, Animals, Runtime, ReadMes, and Templates DIRECTLY INTO that Songbird Remix Stuff folder

c) Bring that in as a separate library (as explained in the link in the beginning of this post).

A common mistake I have seen many people make is that people drag the wrong folder(s) into their library, or select the wrong folder. They pick the one ABOVE the one they need.

In the first way of doing things, they 'll drag SBRM Birds of Prey 1 into My Library.

In the 2nd way of doing things, they'll add HiveWire 3D as their folder in DAZ Studio.

Hope this helps.