• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Looking For... for EZSkin3

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone has any basic default definitions for Dawn, Dusk, M4, V4, Luna, that one might use as a jumping off point.

If anyone has such or knows of such perhaps they could point me in the direction of acquiring such?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone has any basic default definitions for Dawn, Dusk, M4, V4, Luna, that one might use as a jumping off point.

If anyone has such or knows of such perhaps they could point me in the direction of acquiring such?

Here's my Dusk and Luna.

Attachments

• BabyLuna.defs.txt
    757 bytes · Views: 497
  • Dusk.defs.txt
    748 bytes · Views: 451

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Tana, EZSkin comes with a set of character definitions and presets. I have them installed in the same folder as I have the EZSkin3.pyc Python script file. They came with the EZSkin3 download, and all you need to do is install it and then open it in P11/PP11.

Then you would just need to click the first icon at the top of the EZSkin 3 palette and select Figure definitions > Import definitions, and browse to the folder where you saved them. I have them saved as follows:

Runtime > Python > poserScripts > ScriptsMenu > SnarlyGribbly > Figure definitions

There will be a Legacy figure definitions.defs file, which will include V3, V4, M3, M4, Aiko, etc. I also have Pauline.defs, and Dusk.defs and HarryHorse.defs as well, but I don't recall if I got those from Snarly or elsewhere.

While you're importing the definition files, you should also import the Presets, which will be found in the same SnarlyGribbly folder.

That all said, there should be an Installation.txt file that explains where to install the script and the steps needed to import the defs and presets. Hope that helps.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Dusk and Harry? Sure. Then I can see how different Dusk's are between yours and Glitterati's and choose the one I like best or keep them both for different situations.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
You can also define Dusk as a 'Dawn' figure since they have all the same material zones. That's what I did for Dusk and Baby Luna. If I understand EZSkin 3 correctly, that's really what the definitions do; determine how each material will be processed (as skin, eyes, nails etc). Now Harry would be different because he has some very different material zones. But the other Hivewire figures should be able to use the same definitions,

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, GG's right. I just forgot about you could do it that way.

That said, just to clarify, I didn't create the Dusk and Harry definitions, and off-hand, I don't recall where I got them, but I would guess the Harry one may be from Laurie. Not sure about Dusk, though that could be hers as well.

Attachments

• EZSkin3-ExtraDefs.zip
    692 bytes · Views: 362

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist

That said, just to clarify, I didn't create the Dusk and Harry definitions, and off-hand, I don't recall where I got them, but I would guess the Harry one may be from Laurie. Not sure about Dusk, though that could be hers as well.

Thank you in either case.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist

Huh... I didn't make any EZSkin defs for either Dusk or Harry. I am finding that every Harry coat needs pretty different settings to work well. What works well for lighter coats doesn't work at all for darker coats etc. That's why
I am doing each and every coat totally custom.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Huh... I didn't make any EZSkin defs for either Dusk or Harry. I am finding that every Harry coat needs pretty different settings to work well. What works well for lighter coats doesn't work at all for darker coats etc. That's why
I am doing each and every coat totally custom.
Hmmmm, then I wonder where I got it. I might have gotten Dusk from Snarly on his site, or a forum post at CGBytes, but not sure. I don't think I did them myself, but then again, this Senior Citizen brain doesn't always remember everything. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't have one for Luna, yet, so I'm not sure that's where I got the one for Dusk.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, duuuuuuuh! :headdesk: Of course, that's where I got them. Thanks for stepping in and clearing that up PDG.