• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Live from Florida right now

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You'll have to check that link Janet, as I'm getting a 404 error.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh sorry it went down right after I posted it. It was a storm chaser. It's brutal down there.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh, OK. I thought the link might have had a slight error in it.

I can imagine how bad it is right now. We're supposed to have bad thunderstorms up here tomorrow. By then Hurricane Michael is supposed to be off-shore, but I'm sure we're going to see a lot of residuals. I'm not looking forward to it. Probably be a good day to stay in.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yah Michael turned out badly for Florida. It was a cat 5 at one point

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh, they said it would reach Cat 4 when it hit land, but I didn't know it had reached Cat 5. Sheesh!

Well the news goes on in 6 minutes, so I'm sure we'll get a full report.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, it's the main story tonight, and it's now down to Cat 1, so it lost power once it hit land.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, it's down from 150 mph to 75 mph, and Florida got the worst of it. They're expecting heavy rains up here tomorrow, with flash flooding expected.

Edited to Add: They're expecting 1 to 3 inches of rain. Yuck!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I almost miss the drastic weather of New England. Here's it's just rain, showers, rain, sun, partly cloudy.

Try to stay dry!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, I already texted my trainer and told him if the weather's bad, I won't be at the gym tomorrow.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
OK, it's the main story tonight, and it's now down to Cat 1, so it lost power once it hit land.

It did lose power, but not for some time. Macon, GA had a Cat 3 Hurricane sitting on top of it for the first time ever.

We've had Hurricane Michael rain since about 5 pm - waves of 25-35 mph winds and downpours from the outer bands of the eye wall as the hurricane moves across GA.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I hope you didn't lose power Traci, or have any trees falling near your house. I saw some of the videos of the damage Michael did in Florida when it hit land, and it was enormous.

It finally started to rain up here some time between 10:15am and 11:00am. How long we'll have rain, and the final accumulation, remains to be seen.