• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lisa's botanical advice needed

eclark1894

Visionary
Hi Lisa,

I'm not much of a gardener. In fact all of my plants tend to die. I think I love them too much. Well that and probably too much water... or too little. Anyway, I know you've peeked in on my house for Dawn thread and wanted to know if you have any large house plants and pots for them to go in. Also, which do you recommend. I saw the potted palm, but I'm not sure it's the right fit for the house. Too Casablanca-y for my personal taste. I also saw a fern but it doesn't have a pot as far as I can tell.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The elephant ear plant yes. My grandfather had some outside between the house and the walk. They were low to the ground, with big huge leaves.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh Earl, the Potted Palm from the set Lisa linked to would work for a nice floor plant.

eclark1894

Visionary
I actually have a lot more of Lisa's plants than even I remembered including the palm and the hanging plants. So yeah, I can see using the palm as an indoor floor plant. Think I'll go look at a magazine and get soem idea of how to place the plants around the house. Thanks for the suggestions Lisa and everyone.

eclark1894

Visionary
I made a planter box for the house to sit out on both sides of the front door of the house,, but I had a particular look in mind for that spot, unfortunately, Lisa doesn't make the little sculptured trees that I wanted, so I'm having to make those.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Not sure if you plan on doing ground level flower beds that are rather popular around here, but some pansies, petunias, a little starweed in front and then some lilies behind for a nice graded look would be interesting. Just a suggestion. It may not be the look your going for, but the small trees sound interesting. Bonsai?