• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lightwave 3d is having a sale

D

Deleted member 325

I hope I am alowed to post this here, it is a great offer.

For those who have been interested in a powerful, industrial level modeling and animation kit to work with Poser or DS, Newtek is running a massive special.

"For a limited time the LightWave 3D Group, a division of NewTek, Inc., is offering a special price of $695 (USD) for a Full License and $395 (USD) for an upgrade of LightWave 2015. Take advantage of this limited time opportunity to upgrade a seat or add a full license to your studio. The Special LightWave Add-A-Seat Promotion pricing is also available to artists using other 2D and 3D software programs."

I am unsure specifically which other 3D applications they would honor the promotional upgrade pricing on, but it's worth asking. Getting a license of Lightwave for $395 is a huge deal on a sidegrade s the software is normally very expensive.

Lightwave Add A Seat Promotion

Lightwave has been used in a number of big budget films, such as Avatar, and was long the in house software used for Babylon 5, and by Foundation Imaging on Star Trek Voyager and Enterprise, among many other notable programs and films.

I would add another license myself if I could afford it currently.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
A number of years ago I tried a 30-day trial of version 9, I think, and it's quite a nice package but, as you state, way out of my wheelhouse as far as price goes.