• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

It happens every now and then to all of us:

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am bored. I have creative juices flowing.

I am tired of doing the same old thing over and over again.

I have been browsing Pintrest and Deviant Art looking for ideas. It's the same old thing. DA is full of 3D "art" but some of it is downright SICK.

Anyhow, I digress....

Look for an idea. I want to model something. I have all the Poser native figures all the way up to Pauline (waiting for Pauline v2!!!!), V4, M4 and Dawn. Give me an idea that hasn't been done, or at least hasn't been done in a very long time, please!!!!

eclark1894

Visionary
I am bored. I have creative juices flowing.

I am tired of doing the same old thing over and over again.

I have been browsing Pintrest and Deviant Art looking for ideas. It's the same old thing. DA is full of 3D "art" but some of it is downright SICK.

Anyhow, I digress....

Look for an idea. I want to model something. I have all the Poser native figures all the way up to Pauline (waiting for Pauline v2!!!!), V4, M4 and Dawn.
Bet you don't have them all. Do you have Mayadoll? But for an idea, how about looking to cartoons, video games or anime for ideas? Like BFGs from Doom.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Does it have to be for a human? Harry would love some new tack! :p (Ok, translate that to: I'd love some English tack for Harry hehehe)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Does it have to be for a human? Harry would love some new tack! :p (Ok, translate that to: I'd love some English tack for Harry hehehe)
That would be a real challenge! My only experiences with horses is that I've seen people ride them! I really wouldn't know what goes into a complete tack. But I could google it, huh?

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
I rarely see any exciting clothes for men in the 3 d world. here is some modern fashion. And I have seen these fashions, especially the jackets over dark American style pants, worn to parties and such :
95642ce4b83ab75e14c93957c2d8cdc7--royal-indian-wedding-indian-wedding-outfits.jpg
Jade BlueMenRedSherwani.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That brown (3rd) one looks like it would be more useful, as it's not quite as "dressed up" as the others. Remove the draped scarf(?) from his right shoulder, and it looks a bit military, or just plain every day, especially with plain brown pants without the gold trim at the hems.

eclark1894

Visionary
I thought Harry already had English tack.

Edited to add: Okay, It's called Classic tack in the store, but I'm still pretty sure it's supposed to be the English saddle.

Last edited:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
You could model a ticket booth. some carnival lights or some seats for my carousel (for your own retail or freebies).
I'll be submitting that soon.
And, yes, we need more clothes for Dusk. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Edited to add: Okay, It's called Classic tack in the store, but I'm still pretty sure it's supposed to be the English saddle.
Hmmmmm, I always thought English was side-saddle, as the English ladies had to wear those long, full skirts back in the day. Then again, I could be totally wrong.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That would be a real challenge! My only experiences with horses is that I've seen people ride them! I really wouldn't know what goes into a complete tack. But I could google it, huh?
If you want, I can get you lots of pix of what I was thinking :D

I thought Harry already had English tack.
No, that's not English, its more a Spanish style. I was thinking more a long the lines of what they use for Dressage in the Olympics and also for Jumping, quite a different beast :)

The image below with just the kit, the Dressage is on the left (D) and Jumping on the right (J). You'll notice really the only difference between the saddles is the D one has straight flaps and the J one's are quite forward. Could that be done with a morph? so you could get 2 saddles for the price of one? :p (there are more slight differences than that, but you can't have it all in 3D and that would be close enough).
DJ tack.jpg Double Bridle.jpg Dressage.jpg

On the classic tack, the Bit is a shank only bit, and would not be allowed to be used in dressage at all. The only shank allowed is the Curb in conjunction with a modified Snaffle type bit like the horse in the middle. I was thinking if the bridle was made as a double bridle like this, then the shank bit could be turned off so you could use the bridle with just the snaffle like the horse in the second image, they do jump with both types. And besides dressage use, this is a common showing set-up here in Aus.
Double bridle - Wikipedia

Oh and of course, then you'd need a new mane for Harry to show in :p
Braids.jpg Forlock.jpg Tail.jpg
All images are thumbnails, click to view larger.

Hmmmmm, I always thought English was side-saddle, as the English ladies had to wear those long, full skirts back in the day. Then again, I could be totally wrong.
I "think" Modern Side-Saddle does use the English tack bridles but of course a side-saddle is different again to an English one.

eclark1894

Visionary
You could model a ticket booth. some carnival lights or some seats for my carousel (for your own retail or freebies).
I'll be submitting that soon.
And, yes, we need more clothes for Dusk. :)
Actually, I already have modeled a ticket booth. I'll look around and see if I can find it. If i can, it's yours. I model stuff all the time. I just suck with textures, and I'm not a fan of Windows, but it's the system I'm stuck with now. otherwise, I'd probably release a lot fo this stuff on Share cg. Everything on Windows just seems so freaking difficult to do. Even taking a screen shot. On my Mac, press three keys together. Done. On windows. Press two keys, then open Paint, then paste, Then check and see if its the correct size. Then check and see if it's showing everything. Then save. Most of the time I just give up.

Last edited:

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I "think" Modern Side-Saddle does use the English tack bridles but of course a side-saddle is different again to an English one.

From what I recall of a horsey friend of mine's showing days, she was showing side-saddle with a double bridle (or it may have been a Pelham), which I think would be considered English style because that's the default around here anyway!

Anyway, that's not a boredom-busting idea. Hmm. Has anyone done a render of a black panther at night on the New Moon? ;)

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Very true! I just gathered from the Op that he wanted ideas for things to model for his figures that were not the 'same old thing' and since all the 3 D the boys so sadly lacking in clothes I thought of these : )

That brown (3rd) one looks like it would be more useful, as it's not quite as "dressed up" as the others. Remove the draped scarf(?) from his right shoulder, and it looks a bit military, or just plain every day, especially with plain brown pants without the gold trim at the hems.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Maybe someone should just ask Laurie about the saddle.
I did in Feb 2016 :D
Actually Dave had done a version of the bridle that would work very well for English tack so I told him to hang on to it for future. And it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to rework the classic saddle to a dressage and jump saddle.

Back to the OP, more Dusk stuff would be great.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I was looking for something the other day and couldn't find one... when I remember what it was, I'll tell you!

Hmm. Pedal cycle- add a front basket ready for the teacup version of the HW dog! Ice-skating and skiing stuff. Rock-climbing stuff. Baby sling to carry Luna around.