• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Imported object is invisible and giant?

When I import my object into DAZ 3D, it comes in invisible. I can only see it if I hover over it. Also, the imported object is giant. Why are these things happening, and what can I do to fix them?

DanaTA

Distinguished
Some objects are modeled very large. The modeler leaves it up to the user to scale them to suit. I imagine because different softwares have different conversions when importing an obj file. I'm no expert in modeling. But I know that you can usually select the measurement format in the various modeling programs (English or European, and sometimes Generic). English would be feet, inches, yards. European would be meters and such. Generic is just 1, 2, 3, etc. And then you'd have to figure out how that translates into one of the other formats. Someone may know more about import and export options.

Select only the object and go to the parameters tab and use the scaling slider, not the indifidual ones, the one that affects the entire object. I can't remember what they are. I think X, Y, Z and All. Use All. You can just use the slider, or you can type in a value, which would be a percentage. If it that huge, start with 50% or 40%, until you can see the whole thing in the viewport. Then, bring in a human figure for comparison to fine tune how much it has to be scaled down to look right.

Dana