• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

If only HandspanStudios and ThorneWorks would...

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It would be great if HandspanStudios and ThorneWorks would convert their Head Morph Kit 1 for Dawn to DAZ Studio...sigh. :please:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have it in my wish list for when I get a little extra cash.
Too many co_pays on medical tests and meds right now.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I think I may have been the person asking at the time.

Alisa is it okay to convert them to DS to use as a merchant resource for your own use? Or is it only okay to use them in Poser?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I would think it's fine to use them as a MR in any program as long as you follow what requirements were set out in the ReadMe.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Good to know...I thought I hadn't bought them but I have. I just haven't gotten around to converting them for DS from the looks of things.

Leana

Enthusiast
I think I may have been the person asking at the time.
I know I asked too.
I'll probably end up getting them one day anyway as I have a version of P10 collecting dust on my shelf so I could convert them, but so far the idea of having to manually convert 50 morphs has not been very appealing....

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I don't think you can convert it and sell it as an MR without their permission, maybe for you own use.
Would be great though. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I wasn't thinking of releasing a mr of it for DS more using it for my own use to create morphs just like you would in Poser.

One question though if I loaded up the morphs in DS can I then add my own touches in Zbrush and bring them back as a single dial as long as I mention that I used the merchant resource? Sorry I normally make my own morphs so I'm not sure what is allowed.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
From the ReadMe:

Restrictions:
The included morph targets are intended solely for use as a merchant resource in creating your own custom faces (character INJ poses), or for nondistributable use (rendered artwork) in your own commercial or non-commercial artwork.

They may not be used to create free characters or morphs - commercial characters only, please.

They may not be included in a merchant resource collection or as separate morphs themselves.

They may not be included separately in characters for sale, as gifts, or redistributed in any form or format.

Morph targets MAY BE USED in COMBINATION ONLY with your own custom morphs in commercial characters, but not in such a way that the original morph target may be extracted (do not create a new morph target that is only one of these morph targets spawned at a different value than 1 such that changing the parameter value would result in recreating the original morph).

The morphs may be used as a base for creating a custom character in your own modeling program, such as ZBrush.:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Alisa...that sounds like it would be okay for me to use the way I was thinking then. It doesn't specifically mention using in DS so I may try and contact them to check that it's okay. I don't won't to put lots of work in only to find it's not okay though.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I see no reason why you can't use them in DS , but if you want to contact them, I sure understand :).