• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I just Learned that Poser Licenses may not be redistrubuted

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
This may seem like a strange question to you folks, but since I can no long use my Poser 9 for beta testing various CA products because the Library is no longer visible/functional, I'm looking for a copy of Poser 10 (or possibly PoserPro 2014) that's never been used.

I've looked on eBay, but the only copies available for Poser 10 have been previously owned, and I'm always wary of software that's been previously used, especially by someone I don't personally know, so if anyone happens to have an unused copy lying around, please feel free to PM me.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Before you do this...you might want to check with Smith Micro to be sure that their licenses are transferrable. Unused doesn't automatically mean it's ok to use

Miss B

CV-BEE
Before you do this...you might want to check with Smith Micro to be sure that their licenses are transferrable. Unused doesn't automatically mean it's ok to use
Good point Alisa, I hadn't thought about that. Will do.

Edited to Add: Email sent to SM to ask about transferring their software licenses, so we'll see what they have to say. Thanks again Alisa, as I hadn't thought about it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh absolutely Seach. Definitely something for everyone to be aware of.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I just received a response from SM's support staff, and to quote:

"Thank you for contacting Support. The EULA prohibits the redistribution of the License or the files provided."

I guess that answers that question, but I'll leave this post here so others who ever have a question about it, will know exactly what SM's thoughts are on the subject.

Miss B

CV-BEE
You're welcome Bonnie, and yes it's an important fact folks should know.

Willowisp

Adventurous
Actually, that depends on where you live. In Europe, you are allowed to transfer your license of software, regardless what the EULA says. Local laws always trumps.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
P9 uses Flash for the library which is no longer reliable. Consequently, the library is no longer visible or functional. No library = Dead Poser :sick:

I can no long use my Poser 9 for beta testing various CA products because the Library is no longer visible/functional

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
That is strange. Several yr ago a friend of mine won a copy of PP2014 which she already had and knew I couldn't afford. She asked them if she could give it to me. It was a download, not a boxed product. They said yes, and gave me access to the download links at their website. So something must have changed.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
OK, I just received a response from SM's support staff, and to quote:

"Thank you for contacting Support. The EULA prohibits the redistribution of the License or the files provided."

I guess that answers that question, but I'll leave this post here so others who ever have a question about it, will know exactly what SM's thoughts are on the subject.
Might it not just be cheaper getting an upgrade deal for the version you already have? I have been upgrading all my Poser versions like they since poser 4. One of my upgrades was about $45 US. Not bad for a full working version of the app. At least you'll know it is legal and clean AND ALL YOURS!

Willowisp

Adventurous
Hang on.. If Flash is the problem, you should be able to set the library to 'external' instead, which will use Air instead of Flash. Or maybe that is only the Pro version? My PP2012 still works fine, an I don't have Flash installed.

Semicharm

Eager
I still use P9 occasionally in Windows 10 without much trouble. There was an update that fixed the library problem. When I updated to Windows 10, I did a clean install and had to install P9 from scratch. Did the main install and imminently installed the update before running it. Everything worked fine. It still crashes on occasion, but it's P9 after all.

Hang on.. If Flash is the problem, you should be able to set the library to 'external' instead, which will use Air instead of Flash. Or maybe that is only the Pro version? My PP2012 still works fine, an I don't have Flash installed.
That's a pro feature. I don't recall how P10 dealt with the library issue but P11 uses an embedded version of Chrome. It's a kludge, but it gets around the problem with using external apps such as Flash or Air. Never understood why they went to Flash in the first place, as it broke support for thumbs in older products. They couldn't even be bothered to convert them to PNG.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think that may only be for PP2012. I am OK though, as Shelly reminded me about ShaderWorks Library Manager 2, which I had purchased back on RDNA years ago, but never used. Now I'm using it, and it's working fine.

At some point, however, I'm going to have to retire P9, but until I do, I am able to access my Runtime with LM2. :)