• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I have Poser Pro 2012

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Q.. as Flash isn't available anymore how do I load characters into a scene?

or can't I do that anymore?

is my 2012 version mostly a redundant piece of software? :(

"Some Poser Pro 2012 users can apparently toggle some settings, and have their Library run on Adobe Air instead. That was a Pro-only feature and Air is still safe for now, or as safe as it can be."

If you can't do that then your best best is probably $80 for a full Poser 11 Pro licence from NeoWin. Still available.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
The setting to toggle in PP2014 is set Library Launch Behaviour to External and make sure that Air is installed. There was a SR that added the behaviour. I do not know if such a Service Release was made available for PP2012 as I do not have it installed any longer and thus cannot check. I have heard that there is a replacement for Air if you are worried about security, but I really can't speak with authority on that.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I think it uses Adobe Air now, but I'm not sure. I only have Poser 11 Pro.

Dana
"Some Poser Pro 2012 users can apparently toggle some settings, and have their Library run on Adobe Air instead. That was a Pro-only feature and Air is still safe for now, or as safe as it can be."

If you can't do that then your best best is probably $80 for a full Poser 11 Pro licence from NeoWin. Still available.

thanks for the info... that worked in the edit preferences and downloaded adobe air :inverted: :thankyou2:

You just need to be careful that PatchMyPC doesn't decide to replace a 64-bit version with a 32-bit version. Which has been known to happen. It may be for instance that you need to run 32-bit alongside 64-bit, to accommodate some old plugins, and the detection process can get confused.

English Bob

Adventurous
Other options, because it's good to have options:

P3DO Organiser by Senosoft
Also very useful as a library previewer and manager and a variety of other tasks. It can only load items from your library however, not save them from your scene. I've used the Pro version for many years, but to the best of my knowledge the free version can still do the loading function.

XL Content Library by Dimension3D
XL can do saving as well as loading, however as the author has sadly passed away there is no support as far as I'm aware. This doesn't work very well with Poser 11.2 as the page says, but it will be fine with PP2012.

I also wrote a simple Python script which can load a Poser library file from anywhere on your computer - it isn't as convenient as the two above since you have to remember to go to the Python Scripts menu every time you want to load something, and you don't get any library organisation features or the ability to save, but it doesn't take up any screen space when not in use.

I use a combination of all the above depending on what I'm doing at the time, along with Poser 11's own library, although I operate this through a separate browser window rather than the Poser UI pane.

I still use PP2014 from time to time, and then the above options are invaluable - essential, in fact.

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that there's a replacement for Air available from a third party, but I think I might let others iron out the wrinkles in that before I let it loose on my system!

The old Shaderworks Library Manager 2 still works well in Poser 11, including drag-and-drop. Needs the free AVfix for older scripts, and the plugin must be unloaded (its scripted Library closed, and returned to normal) before closing down Poser 11. It may work without that, though, for your Poser 2012. Though good luck getting a copy of Library Manager 2 these days, as it's long gone as a retail item. Its manual is free at the Internet Archive.