• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I have a question regarding "artwork"...

eclark1894

Visionary
What is the forum's policy on hunting or depicting dead animals? I'm not talking about trying to gross people out or anything, just Le'ts say Taka has to pull out his knife and kill a big cat. Am I gonna get my artwork pulled and be reported to PETA?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'd suggest that if you think there could be an issue with an image, you email or pm Chris or Lisa first and ask them to look at it.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'd suggest that if you think there could be an issue with an image, you email or pm Chris or Lisa first and ask them to look at it.
May I send you a couple of images I found on google. If you object, I'll drop the whole matter.

Ah, you know what? Never mind.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
If you change your mind, Earl, please send them to Chris or Lisa - they make those decisions :)

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
This thread reminds me of something that happened a few days ago. On the way home from school with some of my friends, we went into a small shop to get some bars and drinks. When I walked up to a fridge to get a drink, one of the men in the store started pointing at the floor and dancing around blabbing in Italian, which I don't understand. Then I looked down at the floor and seen an injured bird, about the size of a sparrow but black and white instead of brown like sparrows around here.
The people in the shop had found the bird a few days ago and are taking care of it until it recovers. Fat chance of that if they let it walk around the part of the shop where hundreds of teenagers tramp in during school break hours.

D

Deleted member 325

hmmm... well, in one of my promos for my Gorilla poses I do have one gorilla about to hurl another off a cliff...so... I'm not sure where the line falls, but that is a good benchmark.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
We are fine with images depicting hunting or defending against an animal attack and there can be blood. It's overly grotesque, bloody gore or the abuse or torture of people or animals that we really don't want to see here. We do have a Dawn zombie in the store that's tastefully done.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Bonnie, could it have been a house martin?

upload_2018-1-16_7-58-32.png
upload_2018-1-16_7-58-51.png

The house martin and other birds commonly found in Ireland can be seen on PhotoBirdIreland.