• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HW Dog issues

Dan30

Adventurous
Creating this pose I noticed some issues. The most serious one is that when you move the lower jaw from side to side, this movement breaks the mesh in the lower jaw area, especially the teeth. I think it has to do with the weight map of that particular bone in the rig. In addition, when combining certain mouth poses, the lower inner jaw geometry, which seems to be a little tall in my opinion, penetrates the outer lower jaw geometry. It cannot be fixed with the available morphing sliders. Maybe these issues could be fixed with a future update?

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Creating this pose I noticed some issues. The most serious one is that when you move the lower jaw from side to side, this movement breaks the mesh in the lower jaw area, especially the teeth. I think it has to do with the weight map of that particular bone in the rig. In addition, when combining certain mouth poses, the lower inner jaw geometry, which seems to be a little tall in my opinion, penetrates the outer lower jaw geometry. It cannot be fixed with the available morphing sliders. Maybe these issues could be fixed with a future update?

We will look into the issues you pointed out. Thank you for being specific. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ANYWAY... I did want to speak up on the lower jaw issue too... when I applied one of CHIN SIZE jaw morphs the mesh broke for me too...

DOGchinProb.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
ANYWAY... I did want to speak up on the lower jaw issue too... when I applied one of CHIN SIZE jaw morphs the mesh broke for me too...

View attachment 35008

For now just pull back on your Chin Size morph a bit. Nothing in breaking, but the lower gum is poking thru the bottom. No big deal on this one. We certainly can add in an update in the not too distant future to add a morph to shorten the bottom gum line edge.

Thanks so much for letting us know. Will certainly make this animal even better.

Dan30

Adventurous
What Lyne also pointed out is only one of the instances the poke-through occurs. However, there are instances where the mesh breaks. Maybe the screenshot below will help pinpoint and fix the problematic area(s)...and thank you for fixing it soonish.
upload_2018-2-14_20-56-31.jpeg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
@Dan30 - with that last image, you have the rotation limits off. The side-side limit is set for 4/minus 4. Right click on the Parameter tab, then go to Limits>Limits On (Rotation). With the limits off, you can break a lot of things :)

Dan30

Adventurous
@Alisa
Here you go. Within limits set by default. +4,-4
upload_2018-2-14_23-47-21.jpeg

upload_2018-2-14_23-48-10.jpeg

upload_2018-2-14_23-48-44.jpeg

As you can see, the mesh breaks even at these values, actually any value other than zero, teeth and lip alike. I am aware of limits and I worked with other meshes before.
By pointing out these issues, was and is within my intention to help improve the product, not to complain about it. If this were the case, I would have more things to say...
But, by no means, if you chose to ignore the issues, don't mind me. I can use it as is or will try to fix it myself. Sorry for any inconvenience...I thought I was doing the right thing.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Dan, hopefully I didn't give you the idea that I was thinking you did ANYTHING wrong. We definitely appreciate you posting anything you find! There was NO thought that you're complaining! I just was looking at the specific numbers you used in the last image and noticed that it was beyond limits. We'll take a look at this and fix any issues found!

Thanks!!

(edited cause I hit send too soon ;))

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Replicated in Carrara.... with the DS version

though the poser version doesn't work in Carrara it can be loaded up and this problem doesn't show when applied.

upload_2018-2-15_14-3-37.png

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Folks - I've split this off from the Render thread so it has its own place.

Again, thanks for the input - we'll look into the issues and fix anything needing fixing :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Just to confirm, the tooth thing also happens in Poser Pro 2011.

It doesn't happen with the Horse, Big Cat, or HouseCat.

Then too ... no Horse, Big Cat, or HouseCat would be so undignified as to stick their head out the window of a moving car and open their mouth wide so their tongue goes flying in the wind :wink:

Or ... maybe they would if they were allowed to ride in cars with the windows down. Well, no. Not the HouseCat. They don't like being laughed at. Probably something to do with them being so small, but with the heart and soul of a Big Cat.

Karth

Eager
Contributing Artist
When i read it right the update should not make Problems with clothes that have been started on the 100 percent mesh.
I do have a Problem with this in Poser 11
The Cloth is conforming and working fine.
When the dog is scaled down to 80 i have to adjust the scale in neck and neck2 to 80 Percent.
The scale in Body from Cloth is correct on 80 Percent but seem not to work.
The Cloth has optioned in the "includes scale"
I don´t know what i can do to fix this.
Tried it in Joint Editor and the scales zones.
Can´t save pose files for scales.
Do i Need a script now ?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Karth - I moved your post here and will alert Paul to check your question.

Dan30

Adventurous
Well, it's 4 in the morning where I live, so I guess, for the ones interested, we'll have a chat tomorrow. Cheers!

Dan30

Adventurous
For whom it may concern!
After fixing the mouth, today I was playing with the dog and posing him in a certain sitting position, without exceeding the limits, I noticed another spill of the head wheight brush on the dog chest. either causing an ugly spike or a deep hole, depending on the twist rotation of the head. As you can see from the images, this spill is from the scale, z rotation and y rotation of the bone. Now that I learned how, I will fix that as well.
upload_2018-2-20_22-47-57.jpeg

upload_2018-2-20_22-48-21.jpeg

upload_2018-2-20_22-48-42.jpeg

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks, Dan - Paul is working on some fixes to the pup.