• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Hunter 3D's Upcoming Products (featuring Dawn 2.0)

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Here they all are with the corrected ears;

CyberDawn2 -02.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
I agree with a former comment. Perhaps the headgear can be a little bit wider than the actual head, and the ears actually be ear-shaped engraved outlines, with a little hole to receive sounds, like the microphone on a smartphone. It would give them more of a cyborg look, I think. Just one opinion, though.

Dana

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I agree with a former comment. Perhaps the headgear can be a little bit wider than the actual head, and the ears actually be ear-shaped engraved outlines, with a little hole to receive sounds, like the microphone on a smartphone. It would give them more of a cyborg look, I think. Just one opinion, though.

Dana
It’s a good idea, however it will require making some conforming objects, (like a helmet, backpack, amour, etc.) which I am considering doing. But not until Dawn 2.0 has all her morphs done.

This cyborg product is only Dawn 2.0’s skin, with displacement mapping and some minor morphs to her body (i.e. nothing that I’ll have to redo if she changes before release).

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Now it looks more like a cyborg than wearing a costume ..
you can add deeper crease displacement around the face edges to make it looks like on top and less inside the suit for the more cyborg look
hard to see from the distance .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
It’s a good idea, however it will require making some conforming objects, (like a helmet, backpack, amour, etc.) which I am considering doing. But not until Dawn 2.0 has all her morphs done.

This cyborg product is only Dawn 2.0’s skin, with displacement mapping and some minor morphs to her body (i.e. nothing that I’ll have to redo if she changes before release).
you can do sort of a simple ear covers , smart prop , would make it to the next level

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh Satira, that would be great for DawnSE and Dawn 2's versions of this outfit. I hadn't remembered Chris mentioning it, and I rarely use DawnSE's Creature Head morphs, so didn't realize it was there as well.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
:thankyou: Great feedback.
I should have thought that the ear part could be a smart prop :) - I sure will look at doing this :yeahthat:
definitely you should , it would add balance to head part , since you made so nice second skin outfit that do looks like an actual 3d outfit , it will turn it into super set and nobody would even guess it is a second skin in renders , as the ears giving it away .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Oh Satira, that would be great for DawnSE and Dawn 2's versions of this outfit. I hadn't remembered Chris mentioning it, and I rarely use DawnSE's Creature Head morphs, so didn't realize it was there as well.
you can't use it , the outfit is a second skin outfit not actual outfit , the textures would have to be redone specific for the non ear morph head . Other way there would be a great texture distortions that will not make the product pass to the store looking like that .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
it don't have to be complicated , simple thing like for example this as smart prop
I hope it give you some idea.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-10 121355.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-06-10 121355.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 144

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
you can't use it , the outfit is a second skin outfit not actual outfit , the textures would have to be redone specific for the non ear morph head . Other way there would be a great texture distortions that will not make the product pass to the store looking like that .
I didn't realize until today it's a second skin. I thought it was a full-on outfit, so assumed the no ears morph would be fine.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
With all this I'd like to reminisce back to our Queen Bee;

LisaB said:

The cyborg looks cool. Can you make some props or things that she can wear? the goal would be to break up the long lines of a body suit by adding things where appropriate - shoulders, upper arms, wrists, thighs, ankles, belts and straps, holsters, additional body armor. So the body suit becomes a base and your goal is to hide the parts that tell you immediately that it’s a body suit.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I'd have little hemispheres or something, to cover the ears.

Nod, good to see you again.
I haven't seen you for a long time. You disappeared for a few months, I disappeared for a few months, bit of both :D

Yes, for the ears I was thinking of something like Doctor Who Cybermen.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I thought I’d take some of my defunct Borghild Cyber Sci-fi mats and remake them for Borsala.
The old Borghild ones are on the Left and the new Borsala are on the right.
All modelled on Dawn 2.0​
Note: These were rendered in Poser 12 so the normal maps for Borghild do not work properly.
BorsalaSciFi 01.jpg
BorsalaSciFi 02.jpg
BorsalaSciFi 03.jpg
BorsalaSciFi 04.jpg