• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Hunter 3D's Upcoming Products (featuring Dawn 2.0)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I did, but I'm not using P12 regularly, so don't have the answers for you.

I can't remember off-hand if there's been any discussion on Renderosity's forum which would help, but you might want to check it out.

I do know a good many people use Substance Painter, as you do, so you may find answers on their forum.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I've been working on some background scenes;
Scene1 01.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I know this is about your upcoming products which are lovely but I just wanted to mention I really like how the colours of the stained glass is reflecting on the floor

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Yes I liked the stained glass.
I'll do some more window effects :D

Rae, you will remember when I sent you some other background scenes a couple of months ago, we'll when my old computer died I hadn't back up that week, so I lost most of those original working files. So these ones are the replacement background scenes.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Here are some more of the background scenes;

Plus two outfits for which I lost all my working files when my computer died. Now I have to start them all again :cry:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged that: if you back up once a week your computer will die on day seven." Jane Austen Murphy

Scene1 04.jpg

Last edited:

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I finally now know why my mats were not rendering correctly in Poser 12.
By default Substance Painter sets exports for normals in .png 16bits.
They have to be in 8bits. In 16bits Poser 12 flips the normals upside down.
Just a heads up for anyone else who uses Substance Painter.
A particular thanks to MEC4D for that :thankyou:

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Nice work Doug! please send Chris an e-mail , a little bird told me , he may have for you some updates already in a day or 2 ;)