• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Hunter 3D's Upcoming Products (featuring Dawn 2.0)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I tried a Dawn 1 dynamic dress on Dawn 2 and it doesn't fit right. I'm surprised as I would have thought the cloth would stretch to fit over the body.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
See the waistband?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    293.6 KB · Views: 186

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
That’s a complex dress to drape. It looks like the belt is a constrained dynamic group.

There are a few things we can do to get it right. But first let’s determine the problem.
Go into the cloth room and press the Edit Dynamic Group button.
Select Add > All to the default group.

DynGrp.png

And drape it and show me a quick render of the results.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I just downloaded Poser 11’s “07_LegacyContent_Poser-Clothing” to see if they had any dynamic clothing.
And I found “Ryan Dynamic Pants” & “Ryan Dynamic Shirt”.
That looks an easy outfit if it would suit your purpose.

Ryan Dynamic.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I just downloaded Poser 11’s “07_LegacyContent_Poser-Clothing” to see if they had any dynamic clothing.
And I found “Ryan Dynamic Pants” & “Ryan Dynamic Shirt”.
Hmmm, who's the vendor for that one? RPublishing? I'll have to check that out, as I don't recall seeing it. Then again, I didn't install every piece of legacy clothing.

Never mind.
The only Legacy Content zip I had downloaded last year was 06 Poser Hair, so now I downloaded 07 Poser Clothing, and that will help me find it by narrowing the field, so to speak. I don't usually like any of the Legacy content, so usually just ignore it, but that looks like nice casual slacks and top. Something I can re-texture in my "spare" time. ~rofl~ Like I ever have spare time.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
A couple of dresses by Out of Touch. I'll message you the links as they are also for sale on Renderosity. Don't want to post links here though.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, OK. I have lots of OOTs goodies. In fact, the first clothing bundle I bought for Dawn was his Mega Bundle which I often use when beta testing something other than clothing. I don't like using nude characters, especially if I have to share my quick renders with someone else. ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Dynamic clothing that works on Dawn SE should work on Dawn 2.0. It was mentioned several times in the Dawn 2 thread Dawn 2 will have a Dawn SE body morph.

To use dynamic clothing with Dawn 2 that was made for Dawn SE, set the Dawn SE body morph to 1 in frame 1. A few frames later, set the Dawn SE body morph to 0. Run the simulation to fit the clothing to Dawn 2.

If you do this in the default pose, once you have run the simulation and the fit looks good, you can export a new obj for use with Dawn 2 without having to use the Dawn SE body morph.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Dynamic clothing that works on Dawn SE should work on Dawn 2.0. It was mentioned several times in the Dawn 2 thread Dawn 2 will have a Dawn SE body morph.

To use dynamic clothing with Dawn 2 that was made for Dawn SE, set the Dawn SE body morph to 1 in frame 1. A few frames later, set the Dawn SE body morph to 0. Run the simulation to fit the clothing to Dawn 2.

If you do this in the default pose, once you have run the simulation and the fit looks good, you can export a new obj for use with Dawn 2 without having to use the Dawn SE body morph.
Yes, now that you mention it, I remember someone (Chris or Paul) mentioning the Dawn SE body morph.

From your instructions, it looks like it'll be easy to create dynamic cloth for both Dawns.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Yes, now that you mention it, I remember someone (Chris or Paul) mentioning the Dawn SE body morph.

From your instructions, it looks like it'll be easy to create dynamic cloth for both Dawns.
Dawn 2 have the SE body morph so dynamic clothing for Dawn SE can be used