• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Hunter 3D's Upcoming Products (featuring Dawn 2.0)

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I would not take that as a sign that you shouldn't find out what that "something" is and add it. I can model too, and frankly, I'd be more inclined to just make my own clothes or convert some other outfit if yours didn't have what I wanted.
I'm the same

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
You and me both, but Doug works with Substance Painter, and doesn't create mat zones, because he's "painting" right onto the mesh.
That’s what allows every outfit to be unique. A different neck line or different hem, whether it’s a two piece or not, where the seams and belt line (if it has one) are placed. And a very powerful option, whether it has the addition of material layers.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Let’s try these variations for the simple black dress.
Which out of these two and the one posted above?? o_O

Sabel 07a.jpg
Sabel 07b.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not too crazy about this last one, but do like the one right above it. It's pretty much like the one you posted earlier, but there's more contrast between the abdominal area and the rest of the dress, so it shows up better than the one you posted earlier.

Miss B

CV-BEE
See, NOW that fabric looks good on the whole dress, though I think I'd like something slightly lighter/brighter to show it off more. I didn't realize it was lace on the top of that other dress, or was it? Hmmmm, now I see it's more like the midriff/abdominal area on this dress. I think I would like the midriff/abdominal area of this dress the same colors as the rest of the dress, just not see-through, as right now that area looks very dark.

Is it only the skirt on this dress that's actually lace?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've seen lace dresses like that that have a skin coloured lining (that would most likely go to the slit, so the bottom bit of the skirt was transparent to show the legs but modest up top so it looks like you're showing skin but not really)

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Well that all lace one was supposed to be a bit tongue-in-cheek for those who said it needs to stand out more ;). Although I may well be including some lingerie.

But perhaps we may get some more feedback about the simple black dress. Then I’ll step back from it for a while and consider it later.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I like both the black ones, though the one with the straps and print at the top stands out more. And the all print one looks great, although I agree that the middle section should have a similar color behind the black print.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've seen lace dresses like that that have a skin coloured lining (that would most likely go to the slit, so the bottom bit of the skirt was transparent to show the legs but modest up top so it looks like you're showing skin but not really)
EXACTLY!!! I thought of that after I posted, but didn't edit as I figured someone else would spot that. Good point Rae ~nods yes~

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Sabel Outfit Update
So far I have seven mat for the Sabel Dress
(3 evening wear, 2 punk & 2 nighties).

I want to add one more outfit. Any suggestions?
As always, any comments would be appreciated.