• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Hunter 3D's Upcoming Products (featuring Dawn 2.0)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks, I think the red has it.
I’ll do a different design in black.

(now Miss B will come on to tell us that apple green is her favourite colour :roflmao:)
Not in a million years!!! I can't wear green unless it's a very light pale green, and definitely NOT lime green. Just doesn't work well with my complexion.

My all time favorite color is RED, so remember that Mr. Hunter!!!

Anyway, I agree with most, the Red stands out, and the Black will always work. As Rae mentioned, every woman needs a "little black dress". ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I like but like the green is needs something to make it stand out either a sparkle like material or some contrasting beading, something along those lines.
I agree. It's a very nice white fabric, but it's boring, if that makes any sense. No part of the dress stands out and says "hey look at me".

As Hornet suggested, some kind of contrasting trim along the two horizontal seams at the top and bottom of the abdominal area of the dress would be nice.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd like the white if it didn't have the bottom seam around butt and belly, something about the positioning looks off, cant put my finger on it.

If it was a satin material or satin bottom with lace over the bust area it would be a nice simple wedding dress.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Just to let you know, that white one looked a lot better in my head :whistling:
OK so the Black, Green & White mats are binned.

Special Note to Self: Always include a lime green for Miss B :rofl:

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Noooo, NOT the Black!!! Just the Green for sure, and White if you don't want to do contrasting trim for it.

Meaning have the black dress and the red dress both with the same pattern?
I was think of using the white pattern and making it into a black dress.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Meanwhile here is another outfit based on the older Sabela mat;

Sabel 05a.jpg

Sabel 05b.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Meaning have the black dress and the red dress both with the same pattern?
I was think of using the white pattern and making it into a black dress.
OK, that could work, as that dress in black might look a little dressier than the black one you already have.

Rick

Eager
Are these dusk outfits conforming or dynamic? I understand the need for dynamics with loose stuff but I don't care much for dynamics for tighter fitting clothes. :) Dynamics seems to have made a come back. It was very common in Poser 5 days and the conforming seemed to be more the way to go & now back again to dynamics. All ot of things being made for L'Homme is dynamic. Even in jeans they create, which hardly wrinkle in real life. Which is why I am an still an avid Dusk fan! I hate having to do all those calculations, plus you have to have them posed before before you run it. :)

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Are these dusk outfits conforming or dynamic? I understand the need for dynamics with loose stuff but I don't care much for dynamics for tighter fitting clothes. :) Dynamics seems to have made a come back. It was very common in Poser 5 days and the conforming seemed to be more the way to go & now back again to dynamics. All ot of things being made for L'Homme is dynamic. Even in jeans they create, which hardly wrinkle in real life. Which is why I am an still an avid Dusk fan! I hate having to do all those calculations, plus you have to have them posed before before you run it. :)

I’m not sure which Dusk outfits you are referring to, but it’s most probably dynamic. I rarely make conforming clothing.
If it’s the cowboy outfits they have a very high fold resistance.
The Superhero outfits are dynamic, they are just made to hug the body.

I prefer dynamic for how it drapes, but I think you’d be in the majority.

Hornet3d

Wise
Black dress looks nice but, at risk of sounding like a broken record, it needs something.

I was originally disappointed to find that the Dawn clothing (sorry I don't use Dusk much) was dynamic but having used almost all of the outfits you have created I found them easy to work with. Despite my preference for conforming outfits I use the dynamic clothing you have created a great deal.

Hornet3d

Wise
Should have mentioned that the lack of 'something' on any of theses dresses would not stop me buying them as I would just add my own detailing or jewelry.

eclark1894

Visionary
Should have mentioned that the lack of 'something' on any of theses dresses would not stop me buying them as I would just add my own detailing or jewelry.
I would not take that as a sign that you shouldn't find out what that "something" is and add it. I can model too, and frankly, I'd be more inclined to just make my own clothes or convert some other outfit if yours didn't have what I wanted.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Even clothes I really like I tend to change sometimes just to shaders I like (which is why I like it when dresses come with lots of mat zones)
You and me both, but Doug works with Substance Painter, and doesn't create mat zones, because he's "painting" right onto the mesh.